This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roger Oakley

Re: bad chest from pressure washing?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 09:51:56 am »
Where about's in the UK are you?
The reason I ask, is it an area that is say a bit more damp at this time of the year, if the problem has only just started.
Is this only when you re-sand you get a problem, if yes might be worth wearing a small dust type mask, one that just covers your nose and mouth, Agree with what Steve wrote, worth getting a check-up to be safe. I wouldn't have thought it was the fumes, from your machine, as you are using it out in the open. If it is fumes from the machine, might be worth getting a longer hose to put a bit more distance between you and the machine? Be interested to know what your doctor says/thinks.
Good Luck anyway

drive surgeon

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 06:58:26 pm »
been the doctor this morning telling him of my symptoms, he sent me to the hospital for a chest x ray, have to ring them on friday to get results, will keep you guys posted on it . ???

steve doyle

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 10:24:40 pm »
Try not to worry fella,

The doc will be just covering himself by getting the x ray done. once he has confirmed its nothing serious he can start to treat the symptoms. I wouldn't of thought they will want to treat the syptoms untill they have confirmed its not serious so as not to mask a potential problem needing imediate treatment.

So try not to read to much into it, its probably just precautionary  :)

dandandan

QUESTION ABOUT GENERATOR,WHIRLAWAY,POWER WASHER SET UP
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 07:30:12 pm »
ANY CHANCE OF GIVING ME SOME ADVICE ON THE BEST SET UP FOR DRIVEWAY CLEANING.I HAVE A LARGE VAN.I NEED TO KNOW THE BEST GENERATOR DIESEL OR PETROL.THE BEST WASHER MIN 200 BAR.THE BEST WHIRLAWAY 24 OR 30 INCH SKIRT OR WHEELED,SOME ONE SAID THE SKIRTED ONE IS BEST AND CHEAPER,SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU BUT YOU SEEM TO BE VERY POPULAR.dandandan

dandandan

driveway cleaning set up advice
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 07:34:53 pm »
any chance of some advice on the following.THE BEST TYPE OF GENERATOR DIESEL OR PETROL.THE BEST MINIMUM 200 BAR WASHER.SKIRTED OR WHEELED WHIRLAWAY 24 OR 30 INCH.I HAVE A LARGE VAN AND WAS CONSIDERING A WATER TANK.THANKS dandandan

steve doyle

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 10:01:16 pm »
Look at "tech-clean" set up for ideas (my kit is this), also merrill fox (google him) good prices if getting all the kit together cos its from the us, people on here who have bought seem to have saved considerable from merril fox.

roughly speaking, 13hp engine (honda usually good) with good quality pump 15ltr per min or more,  18 inch fsc or bigger 20-40meter quick release hose('s) twin lance,tank/ wheely bin for out of van water tank. Making sure the kit is balanced to be used together as its important to get best out of the gear.

all in all should be short of 2k new for decent stuff, not worth getting the 400-500 pound tackle of ebay from what i can gather.

hth
steve.

p.s drive surgeon if your out there, are you ok fella?

drive surgeon

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 05:07:44 pm »
hey steve i went the doctors! thanks, he said my chest was ok on the x ray,  ;D  thank god, but i need to go back and see him as the symptoms maybe from fumes from the machine or moss spores or silica dust from kiln dried sand or just an allergy to general polution.  will keep you informed. ;)

steve doyle

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 05:35:18 pm »
Great news  :)

Now get that mask back on!

drive surgeon

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 06:04:13 pm »
just a message for roger, it could be the fumes as i can smell them alot when working so that means im breathing the carbon monoxide in??   will keep my mask on!

Roger Oakley

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »
just a message for roger, it could be the fumes as i can smell them alot when working so that means im breathing the carbon monoxide in??   will keep my mask on!
Could be, how close to your machine are you when working.
Just another thought, is the machine running a bit rich? When did you last service it.

drive surgeon

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 02:50:37 pm »
i have 20 metres of hose, themachines are serviced regularly.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 03:00:19 pm »
i have 20 metres of hose, themachines are serviced regularly.
Bit of a strange one this then  ???, I would have said we all breath fumes in at some point doing what we do, but working out-doors no worse then walking down your local high street etc.
I'd stick with the mask as a safety measure, maybe your are sensitive to petrol fumes? Hope it all works out for you though.