This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TDW

24foot Xtel
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:47:44 pm »
Have had my Xtel for around 4months now and have been pleased with it up til recently as I started getting splinters in my hands as it wears.

When I brought it I specifically asked if  it was just a tarted up extender as it does my head in getting splinters.
So i'm abit dissapointed with it now and wont be buying another one because of that as it seems to be the same as an extender.

Has anyone else found this or do I just have girly hands?

TDW

macmac

Re: 24foot Xtel
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 12:17:40 am »
Is that the glass fibre one?

tony

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 01:25:48 am »
Have had my Xtel for around 4months now and have been pleased with it up til recently as I started getting splinters in my hands as it wears.

When I brought it I specifically asked if  it was just a tarted up extender as it does my head in getting splinters.
So i'm abit dissapointed with it now and wont be buying another one because of that as it seems to be the same as an extender.

Has anyone else found this or do I just have girly hands?

TDW
I Swear you can get resin to go over the splinters, I used to use it for my boat so I am gussing you could use it to stop that from happening.

Only a thought, If anyone one wants to add comment to that please do so as I could be wrong, but thats what I would try myself.

TDW

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:37:47 am »
I'll just get by with until the new supalite telescopic comes out but I really wanted to warn people that it does start to agravate the hands after a while. I prefer the old universal even though it was abit heavier but I've given it away now!

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:32:48 pm »
I'm at 3 months with my GF xtel so will keep a look out :-\

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 04:35:43 pm »
Like Mac asked......is it the glass fibre one or the new composite pole?
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Count Phil

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 05:54:31 pm »
I've got the hybrid, and the base section is .....fibreglass.

So splinters.

TDW

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 09:16:27 am »
The one i have is GF. After about 2 hours of use now my right hand is red raw. Didn't get that with the uni, predator and definately not the supalite. The only other one that used to agravate me was the extender. Its a shame coz otherwise i like it.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 09:40:20 am »
I'll just get by with until the new supalite telescopic comes out but I really wanted to warn people that it does start to agravate the hands after a while. I prefer the old universal even though it was abit heavier but I've given it away now!

You could try one of these Universals.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120166008500&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

It has a thick comfortable handle.

Peter

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 01:41:52 pm »
Whats it called ?

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 09:25:10 pm »
I think you already know Jeff but it is just a universal GF pole with the clamps removed, and some fittings put in place of the clamps.  It does make it a far better pole now that the modifications have been made.

Peter