This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nat

has anyone worked out how much they are paying fir thier water
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:17:10 pm »
just wondering how much 1000 litres of water costs on a water meter?

i know you have different recoverys but wondered if anyone actually broke down the cost?

Re: has anyone worked out how much they are paying fir thier water
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 03:11:30 pm »
just wondering how much 1000 litres of water costs on a water meter?

i know you have different recoverys but wondered if anyone actually broke down the cost?
if i am right it works out about £7 I could be well out on that though, I went to my water compnaies site and found out the cost of water per litre and wastage and i swear thats the answer i came too. I will have another look later today and post it back.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 03:59:04 pm »
You need to make your water company aware of the way you use the water and don't return it all back down the drain as you will get a rebate based on the fact you draw the water out the tap and pour it onto the ground.

Give them a call, you will be surprised, water rates are based on how much you use and then they have to re-cycle and purify the water, hence a charge.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

chrismroberts

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:19:31 pm »
I had a look on Welsh Water's site, and it said 1000 liters was something like £1.12. This seems very low! Don't know if that includes sewerage....

I'm dreading my first bill with the WFP... have filtered something like 4000 liters this week!!  :o :-\ :-\

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:20:18 pm »
You need to make your water company aware of the way you use the water and don't return it all back down the drain as you will get a rebate based on the fact you draw the water out the tap and pour it onto the ground.

Give them a call, you will be surprised, water rates are based on how much you use and then they have to re-cycle and purify the water, hence a charge.

I was interested in your comments Trevor because I'm on a meter and I don't want to have to pay more than I should for my water. However, I was told by one of the supplyers of WFP equipment when I was investigating the cost of it all, that if I speak to my water company I would likely open a can of worms I would regret opening as it could end up costing me more.

What's all this about, Do you know? I thought it a bit off, paying for a sewerage service I'm not using.

Mark

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 06:48:04 pm »
Anglian water charges £2.69 per 1000 litres including sewerage.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 07:10:26 pm »
Anglian water charges £2.69 per 1000 litres including sewerage.

Bob
So the £7 a day was near enough bang on the money cause of wastage  ::)