This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Re: end of a era
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 05:24:39 pm »
Wor Lass is proud of the fact that she's never had a child minder look after the Little Un, so that she could clean windows.

If the Little Un is sick or on holiday; so's Wor Lass.

At her running club she mixes with women who live in posh houses; have high paying jobs; there's a female dentist, doctor, a vet, an accountant; a few teachers and other lasses with good occupations too.

They all have childminders or a nursery who takes kids at 7.00 am onwards!

Wor Lass is the 'child care snob', who believes it's not right to palm your kids off onto someone else for the sake of a few quid!

Mind you, she never complains about the time off work either.

Being self-employed window cleaners, we can work as hard or as little as we wish; bills allowing.

It's not a bad situation to be in.

Davew

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 05:45:06 pm »
I took out an insurance cover to give me some income should I fall ill. Anyway the rep came round to my house to finalise everything at eight thirty p.m. and left after nine to see another client and he had been to work all day too! He was telling me how he has to work to targets every month and gets a grilling if he underperforms - some months he has no way of reaching his target 'cos he could be on holiday for two weeks. Sod that for a job!

LWC

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 07:10:06 am »
i aint got time to read all the posts, but i do this,i work 4 days a week, and my wife works 3. we share my baby and it works great! i love my 3 days with her.

matt

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 09:02:06 am »
i aint got time to read all the posts, but i do this,i work 4 days a week, and my wife works 3. we share my baby and it works great! i love my 3 days with her.

similar to me, i work 3 days, wife works 3 days and we have 1 family day

s.hughes

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 12:22:21 pm »
I work 4 days a week and only work Friday when I need to clear up some work. I just couldnt go back to a 5 day week and I could never earn as much as I do at any other work. I have a young family and its great for them.

Steve

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 02:21:49 pm »
I try and work 4 days a week leaving one just incase. Weekends I rarely work window cleaning unless the job is very very well paid, tend to design at weekends or go out with my boys.

s.hughes

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 03:57:08 pm »
I try and work 4 days a week leaving one just incase. Weekends I rarely work window cleaning unless the job is very very well paid, tend to design at weekends or go out with my boys.
Design what?

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 04:26:11 pm »
web sites and other things i'm asked to  ;)