This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

Boys, badly need your help x
« on: September 06, 2007, 03:04:39 pm »
After tellin jouk last night that i've never had a problem with my backpack, i cant believe it. It keeps cutting out on me. Now, either leaving it alone for about a minute or so, or disconecting/reconnecting the battery seems to cure it(until the next time) What's happening lads??? HELP MEEEEEEEE.  ;)
As for Jouk........he's a bloody jinx  ;D

jeff1

Re: Boys, badly need your help x
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 03:11:38 pm »
Dino, the backpack will cut out if the battery is faulty or low on power.

'O' By the way Joe is a Jinx  ;D ;D ;D

john masterclean

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 03:11:57 pm »
this happened to me recently. I had to replace the connection on the battery. I think its with the gap the battery goes in squashs it. Try connecting the battery to back pack but with battery next to it and fiddle about with bit were it joins together. if it turns off then thats your problem.

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 03:21:47 pm »
jeff ty again...........thanx both of ya. i admit i dont charge it as often as i should.long night ahead by the looks of it  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 04:01:10 pm »
jeff ty again...........thanx both of ya. i admit i dont charge it as often as i should.long night ahead by the looks of it  ;D
Dino Charge it every night, not only does it stop problems, but your battery will last  that much longer.

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 04:11:52 pm »
Will do jeff boss  ;D I tried the diy shop, no joy at all, too big,too small....bla bla bla. Just spoke to kirsty and i've ordered the ez snap bits. I can't have another day like i've had. Absolute mare  ::)

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 04:37:04 pm »
My connections on my hose are the compressor type fittings for air lines, they last for ages with no problems and no leaks they also fit straight onto microbore hose.

herbiefatboy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:02:47 pm »
hi i would try your fuse it happen to me last week

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 05:50:44 pm »
It'll be your battery; it needs replacing.

I bet money on it.

The disconnecting/connecting it to make it work, and it cutting out again is the key.

Trust me, I'm right.

Pole2pole

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 08:03:23 am »
So, will this be a case of me being stuffed? As i'm probably right in thinking a backpack from the US won't run on a UK battery???  ::)

Pole2pole

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 08:10:52 am »
It'll be your battery; it needs replacing.

I bet money on it.

The disconnecting/connecting it to make it work, and it cutting out again is the key.

Trust me, I'm right.
But all of the above could happen if the battery had just run low, couldn't it tosh? It wouldn't neccessarily(bet that's spelt wrong  :) ) mean the battery is b*ggered would it????  ???

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 08:56:42 am »
Give it a good charge and then see if it happens again, but keep it charged up afterwards.

Batteries from the US are the same voltage/current as ours its just there mains that is different.

Pole2pole

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 09:11:47 am »
I got the adapter jeff so i might get away with this one  :) Why ain't you at work?lol Come to think of it, why aint "I" at work? ;)

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 10:52:35 am »
I got the adapter jeff so i might get away with this one  :) Why ain't you at work?lol Come to think of it, why aint "I" at work? ;)
I try to have fridays off and make a long weekend out of it, but it doesn't always work out that way, but Sssssh its working so far today ;) and I have just got all my paperwork and books upto date ;D

And! why arn't you at work today????

Pole2pole

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 01:41:57 pm »
late start fella, had to wait for postie to deliver some gear from gardiner's. Ordered last night and on my doorstep this morning. Another BIG UP to Alex and Kirsty.

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 02:22:32 pm »
late start fella, had to wait for postie to deliver some gear from gardiner's. Ordered last night and on my doorstep this morning. Another BIG UP to Alex and Kirsty.

3 cheers for Alex and Kirsty then.

Was the box they sent you empty then?  ;D ;D your still at home  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 03:48:56 pm »
Na i went and done 2 and a half hours. Done by 12.30 :-) I think my explanation of what i needed was lost in translation when i spoke to kirsty(it was a shut off valve) The one i wanted was for microbore. The one i got was for the pole hose. Doh. Never mind, i whacked it on my lil pole and it works a treat. Microbore shut off valve is on order  ;)

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 04:03:09 pm »
Dino,

A UK battery of the same spec will work fine; my back pack is a US E-bay one too.

And yes, I guess it could be a case of the battery running low; so just needing charging; but I guess you would've tried that first?

Also, you MUST fully charge a brand new battery for about 24 hours (to be safe), for it to function properly; I've read posts here from guys who've not done that and the battery doesn't last long (don't ask me why).

After heavy use, a battery will last you about 6 to 8 months; then will need replacing; so it's good to have a spare handy.

Also, charge it after every day you've used it a good amount.  It takes seconds to take it out and plug it in; it's not heavy.

I've been using a backpack for three years now; and although finances aren't preventing me from going van-mounted; I like the way I/We work, so will stick to using a backpack.  I don't want the extra expense of getting a van, or change of how we work. 

I will add though that I prefer working with Wor Lass who trads the ground floor after I've WFP the 'tops', and in some places when I'm working alone, it can seem a real chore to then return to my starting point and start 'tradding' the ground floor.

Like most things though, there's a knack; and it'll take some time to get to know how to use it to best effect.

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 04:29:18 pm »
After tellin jouk last night that i've never had a problem with my backpack, i cant believe it. It keeps cutting out on me. Now, either leaving it alone for about a minute or so, or disconecting/reconnecting the battery seems to cure it(until the next time) What's happening lads??? HELP MEEEEEEEE.  ;)
As for Jouk........he's a bloody jinx  ;D

As for Jouk........he's a bloody jinx   

sorry dino  :-X  i told you so he he

Pole2pole

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 04:31:35 pm »
I'd never kiss goodbye to it either Tosh and i HAVE got a van mount now. My last battery lasted well over a year so i guess i got lucky with that one. Petty i threw it away with the ol' backpack. Wally.any ideas where i can pick a spare Tosh??? PS Good to see you around still. I guess a new wave of shiners are stepping into our old and weary boots nowdays  :'(