This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ClearviewServices

Need some help on this one!!
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:37:35 pm »
I cleaned a house today and the lady was not happy about wfp because it took the gloss finish off her painted front door and to be honest it was shinny and when it did dry it was very dull and i also had a complaint from another custy that all her windows dried chalky.

These have been recently been painted so Is there something in the paint that pure water doesn’t like?
 ???

ClearviewServices

Re: Need some help on this one!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:45:42 pm »
Anyone ???????????

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:51:04 pm »
sorry mate never had this problem

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:02:15 pm »
Clearly this is not an acylic gloss paint, at best it must have been water based eco friendly rubbish gloss.
You should have noticed as you washed the window that there was a white wash running down. When this happens you have to keep rinsing from the top until it stops doing that.
So (1) safety first continue using wfp but don't stop rinsing till the whiteness stops and (2) why do people wfp front doors? Use a cloth to stop water going in through the letter box and through any other gaps, and stops getting carpets wet when they open a soaking wet door.
Go back and buff up the door. You might get the shine back.

I cleaned a house today and the lady was not happy about wfp because it took the gloss finish off her painted front door and to be honest it was shinny and when it did dry it was very dull and i also had a complaint from another custy that all her windows dried chalky.

These have been recently been painted so Is there something in the paint that pure water doesn’t like?
 ???