Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeff Brimble

Soft Microbore
« on: September 01, 2007, 01:38:15 pm »
Supple, non kink £16.50/100m
Go to Matts Diy forum I have just updated the Nov 06 topic, Look for Algarde/Yamitsu Supple Hose  here is the link http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=410&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Its fantastic  :)

Captain Scarlet

Re: Soft Microbore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 03:02:11 pm »
can you give us a suppliers website or name because I'm not registered on that forum and don't like registering to too many things! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 04:49:19 pm »
From Matts site
"Up date on this fantastic hose which I and other trailblazers have been using for over a year, do a search on "Yamitsu Silicon airline" and you will get links to suppliers of the Blue algarde 100m/19.50 or the yamitsu Clear 100m for £16.50 http://www.fishoutdoors.co.uk/acatalog/Air_Pumps___Accessories. html scroll down till you get to- Airline Yamitsu Supersoft Clear 100mtr 4mm ID

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 04:53:27 pm »
So Jeff, could I replace my microbore with this instead? would it not be more vulnerable to freezing and getting punctured? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 05:30:57 pm »
Yes, and no. Try a sample from any aquarium shop.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 05:33:35 pm »
so I could use it to replace my microbore but I might have troubles in winter and it might puncture easier, also does it not kink at all ? what is the advantage over microbore? thanks Jeff

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 06:02:19 pm »
From Matts site
"Up date on this fantastic hose which I and other trailblazers have been using for over a year, do a search on "Yamitsu Silicon airline" and you will get links to suppliers of the Blue algarde 100m/19.50 or the yamitsu Clear 100m for £16.50 http://www.fishoutdoors.co.uk/acatalog/Air_Pumps___Accessories. html scroll down till you get to- Airline Yamitsu Supersoft Clear 100mtr 4mm ID

It sounds good except for the colours.  Clear or blue are not so visible as yellow and therefore probably a greater trip hazard.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 06:11:36 pm »
thats a really good point! Luke

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 06:16:41 pm »
thats a really good point! Luke

I will only use yellow hose because of this.  I think it's an important issue though not everyone will agree, I'm sure.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 06:18:16 pm »
I agree, people will just sue you if they trip over, Luke