This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

parking
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:39:34 pm »
the forum is great but we need to learn off each other for instance.
parking dodges i put my tax disc  in the windscreen so you cant read the tax disk no
 if a ticket comes through  i say wasnt there give me the tax disc no and i will pay .
 yes it has worked.
 if the warden starts to write the ticket get in the van and go no service no ticket dont argue with the moron he is still writing your ticket out go go go and save 60 quid.
 i know a man who brought a second set of no plates saying the first were stolen............. ticket comes he provides an invoic and says the car was cloned simple but not kosher !!!!!!

THEY RIP US OFF WHY NOT LEARN FROM EACH OTHER HOW TO DODGE EM I AM SORRY HONEST MEN HAVE TO STOOP SO LOW BUT IT IS OUR HARD EARNED WE HAVE TO PRESERVE.

any more ideas

d s windowcleaning

Re: parking
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:48 pm »
are you a legal driver .
where theres muck theres money

tacky

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 10:57:18 pm »
does nt matter just keep sending the dodges

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:40:12 pm »
why send in dodges . you allready said you put your tax disc so it cant be read that dodgy or what .
where theres muck theres money

Bertie Boo

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 11:45:11 pm »
Heres a great dodge that always works: DONT park anywhere where you know that you aren't supposed to.  I do this day in day out and so far i've managed to avoid getting parking tickets.

Sounds too good to be true BUT believe me it works.

Stephen

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 12:25:44 am »
In this day and age, aren't those "Dodges" just for the cowboy cleaners?

Its not that hard to park legally is it?

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 07:39:56 am »
A lot of places round here its impossible to park legally. But this dodge has got a short life because they are changing the law so that a photo is sufficient. If you drive off before the ticket is served you just forgo the chance to pay the reduced rate. They always win in the end.

SparklingWC

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 08:54:10 am »
A lot of places round here its impossible to park legally. But this dodge has got a short life because they are changing the law so that a photo is sufficient. If you drive off before the ticket is served you just forgo the chance to pay the reduced rate. They always win in the end.

i think they already changed the law - recently. means if you can drive off before they put the ticket on the windscreen or hand it to you you dont have to pay.
which is great, unless your on a job with hoses etc trailing all over the place. or ona motorbike and have to put your helmet on and fumble around for keys. so it will only reallly help you if you see the warden when they start the ticket, and are close enough to get to and in the van then drive off.

i also heard something about not giving people tickets for first offences, only give tickets out to those who continously abuse the rules.

Bertie Boo

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 09:19:35 am »
But this is the bit that always confuses me: if it is illegal to park somwhere then you have to ask yourself WHY its illegal.....Can't speak for anywhere other than where i live in Birmingham, BUT whereever there are double-yellow lines round here you can see clearly the reason for it....

Stephen

SparklingWC

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 09:22:30 am »
i can think of a fwe places around here where it would be ok to park, but there a doube yellows. and hundreds of places where there should be double yellow lines but there are none. dont forget - you can have a ticket for parking too close to a turning - you have to be over a cars length away from any turning and junction (not including driveways obviously) by uncle had a ticket for parking too close once.

Pole2pole

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 09:31:53 am »
How do you quote something that someone has posted to reply to "that" comment. I still aint sussed that  ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 09:57:44 am »
How do you quote something that someone has posted to reply to "that" comment. I still aint sussed that  ::)

Click the "quote" button at top right of the message you're responding too and write your stuff underneath the /quote contained in square brackets.

simon knight

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 09:59:02 am »

Shiner how do you quote an individual sentence?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 10:12:30 am »
In this day and age, aren't those "Dodges" just for the cowboy cleaners?

Its not that hard to park legally is it?
Try working in Chepstow.
No you can't park.

Full of tourists and shoppers who have 5 cars each.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 10:14:46 am »
I'm a bit of a donkey
how do you quote an individual sentence?
Just delete the bits you don't want, but don't touch the quote bits at the start and end.
You can put what you want as well, see? ;D

Sorry. :-[ Don't start doing that. ;D

simon knight

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 11:39:25 am »
Sorry don't get it. How do you delete the bits you don't want?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 11:40:57 am »
Highlight them with your mouse and rick-click and delete, or put the cursor by them and press delete.

Same as deleting anything else.

colley614

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 11:53:06 am »
In my town they have just scrapped all the parking in and around the town centre. I don't work in the town centre but have work just outside of it and the minimum price is a pound. All the loading bays in front of the shops have been scrapped and everyone HAS to pay. Its causing absolute murder.

xpskwindowcleaning

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 12:05:20 pm »
In my town they have just scrapped all the parking in and around the town centre. I don't work in the town centre but have work just outside of it and the minimum price is a pound. All the loading bays in front of the shops have been scrapped and everyone HAS to pay. Its causing absolute murder.
If you drive a commercial vehicle you're entitled to load and unload on double yellows for up to 20 mins during the day, and unlimited at other times, provided there is "continuous loading activity", and you're not parked on the pavement or blocking the road. So all you need to do is keep an eye out for wardens and chuck some stuff in the back if you see one coming.

mark dew

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 12:14:33 pm »
the forum is great but we need to learn off each other for instance.
parking dodges i put my tax disc  in the windscreen so you cant read the tax disk no
 if a ticket comes through  i say wasnt there give me the tax disc no and i will pay .
 yes it has worked.
 if the warden starts to write the ticket get in the van and go no service no ticket dont argue with the moron he is still writing your ticket out go go go and save 60 quid.
 i know a man who brought a second set of no plates saying the first were stolen............. ticket comes he provides an invoic and says the car was cloned simple but not kosher !!!!!!

THEY RIP US OFF WHY NOT LEARN FROM EACH OTHER HOW TO DODGE EM I AM SORRY HONEST MEN HAVE TO STOOP SO LOW BUT IT IS OUR HARD EARNED WE HAVE TO PRESERVE.
any more ideas

;D class. Yes keep them coming.
Although i prefer to do things legally 'cos i don't want 'em sniffing round my house.
I prefer to live life easy now and can't feel comfortable if i've got to be looking over my shoulder all the time. I sleep better now as well. :)