This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

dogs
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:17:46 pm »
been on a house today and must say the biggest f**kin dog ive seen came running at me . its a new house but at £30 couldnt turn it down . wasnt informed by the owner a dog was running loose . i just froze when it came at me what would you guys have done .
where theres muck theres money

xpskwindowcleaning

Re: dogs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:26:46 pm »
I'd have had dog curry for supper - £30 for the house and a free meal to boot ;).

MJH

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:33:20 pm »
Tell the owner to lock it up ::)
Seriously i had a little rat-type dog nearly take my bloody hand off the other day when i put my card through a letter box :o

Sanity

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 08:50:45 pm »
Let it bite ya.  No blame no claim :D

Seriously though, if a dog runs at ya, the best thing to do is be overtly friendly.  Call it and whistle to it, do not show you are afraid.  Do not try to run.  It WILL be faster than you.

If it is safe to do so, do as the shepherd did....get the flock out of there.

If it jumps at you and goes to bite you, grab the front legs and crack it like a wishbone :D

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 10:37:08 pm »
Let it bite ya.  No blame no claim :D

Seriously though, if a dog runs at ya, the best thing to do is be overtly friendly.  Call it and whistle to it, do not show you are afraid.  Do not try to run.  It WILL be faster than you.

If it is safe to do so, do as the shepherd did....get the flock out of there.

If it jumps at you and goes to bite you, grab the front legs and crack it like a wishbone :D

what if its teeth are round your throat, lol, no way am outa there like a flash he he

m.b.s.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:44:58 pm »
drop your ladders on it it will soon move

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 10:50:39 pm »
be ok if i used ladders i would have done .this was a dog and half . and was i pooptin it , big time this was the daddy ov all dogs ive come across . dont think it would be claim 2 blame . think i would be dinner .

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 10:56:35 pm »
I don't do "dog accounts"

Unless it's pleasant like a poodle or placid collie I'm not interested.
Dangerous breed or snarly thing? Get stuffed. >:(

I don't take on any houses with dogs these days.

ScrimShady

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:12:15 pm »
we clean a doctors house once a month,they have two boxer dogs like us once when ide finished the house and conservatory inside and out she invited me in to cool down when her lovely doggies jumped all over me!!as it was very hot i was only wearing a vest top and my arms looked liked ide been jacking up or self harming!!I got some funny looks in the playground when picking the kids up!!My boxers are mad but i try and calm them down when people come round-!!
Mrs scrim :-*

Neil_A

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 11:13:44 pm »
I allways ask the customer to let the dog see me with them in there back garaden and sniff around abit b4 i start my first clean.. that way the dog will remember you!  Sounds funny but it works, i jump into custies back gardens and allsorts... the dogs bark at me but once im in and working they shut up
GRADE 'A'

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 11:21:31 pm »
this was a dog that iwas sh*t scared of im not joking when i say it was a beast on the prowl . i honestly thought i was dinner . id worked all day & been around various other dogs but this was a dog and 1/2 i reckon if i keep going to this house i will be its chew stick

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 11:22:51 pm »
I don't do "dog accounts"

Unless it's pleasant like a poodle or placid collie I'm not interested.
Dangerous breed or snarly thing? Get stuffed. >:(

I don't take on any houses with dogs these days.

I'm not comfortable with such accounts either.  There have been three attempts at me over the years.  One succeeded and I was nipped on the leg.  I have turned down several jobs over this issue.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 11:33:53 pm »
what made it worse was that the owner was there & i told him how nervous i felt with the dog im going to see iff i can get some photos and post them on here . think i would sooner do a bull run in spain than face the dog again .

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 12:10:11 am »
i was at a house last week and there was the largest dog i have ever seen and i once had an irish wolfhound ,a big one as well,now i wouldnt be normally afraid of a dog(great dane but massively wide and powerfully built)it was in a dog run with a six foot fence around,then the owner explained it had leapt out and killed the billy goat 2 days earlier in about 2 seconds flat!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 12:23:16 am »
If a dog was going for you (A smaller one maybe!), and the owner was watching,.. would you take a kick at the dog in self defence, or let the dog bite you to save offending the custy?
Sounds like a silly question,.. but I've seen that exact thing happen,.. and the dog didn't get the kick it deserved!
Personally I wouldn't think twice,.. custy or not!
But,.. the 1 job I do have with the 3 rothweiller's (Our biggest customer's country house) does make me kinda nervous,.. 3 dogs and only 2 feet,.....  :o :o :o

mark dew

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 12:24:51 am »
I've been bit twice and got a good nip once. 2 of these 3 were jack russells. The other is some wire wool type coated breed that i ain't seen before.
It's the little dogs that are the biggest ba$tards.
Funnily enough, once they've had a bite they become like best of friends and now i get licked to death when i turn up.
I always try and get the owners to let the dogs out in the beginning and then all is good. They'll only bite if they are scared of you. And carrying ladders or poles can look scary i s'pose.
What does pee me off is when some owners try bigging up their dogs like they are hungry tigers or something.
Yaaaaaaaawwwwwn!

mark dew

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 12:26:40 am »
If a dog was going for you (A smaller one maybe!), and the owner was watching,.. would you take a kick at the dog in self defence, or let the dog bite you to save offending the custy?

This exact thing happened to me once. I didn't kick it though i did feel like slapping the owner. Cooing it like it was some naughty child. The cow!!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 09:51:50 am »
I find they normally run faster than I can kick,..  but once they know you're serious,. to keep their distance and eventually end up making friends. Not sure how it'd work with BIG dogs though!!

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 10:09:05 am »

I don't have a problem with big dogs...it's the small variety like sausage dogs and poodles that yap and nip that irritate me. Especially when the owners can't be bothered to walk them and allow them to poo in the garden...this job is hard enough without having to negotiate your way through a dogs toilet.

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 07:47:32 pm »
been on a house today and must say the biggest f**kin dog ive seen came running at me . its a new house but at £30 couldnt turn it down . wasnt informed by the owner a dog was running loose . i just froze when it came at me what would you guys have done .

Is that what you call your custy  ;D