Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

Protecta-kote
« on: August 31, 2007, 05:04:23 pm »
why do u have to put this down on your van floor??

I mean what actully leaks?? if the poles are on your van roof there be no splashed from them.

it may seem a weird question lol

Dave
Dave.

matt

Re: Protecta-kote
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 05:28:34 pm »
water still in the pipes etc etc

brightnclean

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 06:28:47 pm »

Exactly Matt. And water will always find the lowest place to pool in and stay there and busily munch away at your van floor. For what it costs Its very good value and could save your poor van from an early visit to the scrap yard.

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 06:44:20 pm »
we used to coat the insides of our council vans in a rubber floor paint, but the price of that is the same as Protecta-kote, and Protecta-kote is designed for the job

macmac

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 07:30:52 pm »
Had my system in van (kangoo) over 3 years now with just a ply lined floor. anyway, the ply has totaly rotten, it's like pulp. so i lift it up to see the damage & guess what, the floor underneith is still like new :o, no rot, no rust, nowt, solid. protektakote ??? who needs it. ;D

tony

MJH

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 08:39:54 pm »
Even if it saves the ply-line it must be worth £20 ;)

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:22:31 pm »
Ok thanks lads!

macmac are u going 2 replace the floor wood  :D lol

Dave
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:24:57 pm »
ohh

Does anyone paint it on2 there foor wood?? am not sure if il get this but if i do dont really want to be taking out the ply floor.

Dave
Dave.

macmac

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:47:14 pm »
Ok thanks lads!

macmac are u going 2 replace the floor wood  :D lol

Dave

Yep, new ply going in next week. not bad, the ply is 6 years old!

tony

rugby

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 12:24:09 pm »
Had my system in van (kangoo) over 3 years now with just a ply lined floor. anyway, the ply has totaly rotten, it's like pulp. so i lift it up to see the damage & guess what, the floor underneith is still like new :o, no rot, no rust, nowt, solid. protektakote ??? who needs it. ;D

tony
you were lucky,my transit was ply lined,when i lifted it up the floor of the tranny was so rotten it had to take a trip to the scrap yard,and it was only 6 yrs old.
driving a movano now,best van i ever had

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 03:30:59 pm »

Exactly Matt. And water will always find the lowest place to pool in and stay there and busily munch away at your van floor. For what it costs Its very good value and could save your poor van from an early visit to the scrap yard.
Water is lazy, it always finds the easy route to go till it gets stuck normally your floor and the only way it can go anywhere from there is to eat through the floor, water can be a nasy piece of work lol :o