This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Re: Cheap Cheap Cheap!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 08:08:30 pm »

They won't be wanting to live that way forever.

xpskwindowcleaning

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 08:10:04 pm »
so 12 to a house, they dont mind living like this as they are only after a cheap place to sleep, they may pay the same bills, but its between 12 of them, thus can afford to save money
Plus we all need to work towards paying for a home/family etc - they can just scrimp and save as much as possible, take it back to Poland and it's all instantly worth five times as much.

It's not good for Poland either - people with degrees are coming here and working in bars etc, which is a waste of skills and means they're short of plumbers etc as they can't afford to pay our prices.

brightnclean

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 08:16:28 pm »
so 12 to a house, they dont mind living like this as they are only after a cheap place to sleep, they may pay the same bills, but its between 12 of them, thus can afford to save money
Plus we all need to work towards paying for a home/family etc - they can just scrimp and save as much as possible, take it back to Poland and it's all instantly worth five times as much.

It's not good for Poland either - people with degrees are coming here and working in bars etc, which is a waste of skills and means they're short of plumbers etc as they can't afford to pay our prices.

What is happening in Poland is that Lithuanian and other eastern block ppl are going there to fill up the gap left by the Polish that have left and the others think that they are on a good thing. Funny old world isnt it?

simbo

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 08:40:58 pm »
think back to when we first left school. We were happy with our few quid because we hd not had any before but then you buy a car, you buy a house and so on and you need more. the same will happen with them and they will soon want more. the money they are earning is only good if they take it back home, as its peanuts in this tax ridden country. Personally i think the skinflint customers that they will get are the ones that we would not touch anyway and there are plenty of cheap cleaners about already but i stil got too much work so why worry
simbo

tonyoliver

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 10:10:54 pm »
the arent all that we are having our wages slashed by these peopple and we as a working class are once again being treated by our masters as disposeable  oh they will need us one day to fight there wars for em just like grandpa who was unemployed prior to ww2 and afgter ww2 and despite a serious woud lived on a pitence of a pension with gran scared to put a fie on

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 10:27:07 pm »
And then after we show the poles etc how to clean & what to charge they will then set up on there own take over your area and charge less than you can afford to charge because you have morgage payments going out, i hope all you cheapjacks happy to pay min wage it comes back to bite you on the arse. It's happened before and it's going to happen again.If we didn't employ them they wouldn't keep coming over here and this country which i have protected in the Queens name would'nt be in such a poop state. :-[
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

Kwackers

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 10:38:53 pm »
The fact of the matter is polish etc dont come over here to window clean specifically, they come to workIn general the english are lazy and have to much ;pride' so wont do the crap jobs that they will!!

Thats why they get work and keep coming.

If we didnt have so many bums in the country then there wouldnt be any jobs for them...

tacky

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 10:39:02 pm »
mr powell had a good idea years ago .we should have shut the back door.n stopped them comming in .but the man was shot down in flames .look were we ar know .

tonyoliver

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 10:48:38 pm »
MR COZY POWELL THE DRUMMER IN THE SEVENTYS
 whats he got to do with doors ?

tacky

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:53 pm »
ur in the right era.cozy n jim morrison .

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 10:58:11 pm »
The fact of the matter is polish etc dont come over here to window clean specifically, they come to workIn general the english are lazy and have to much ;pride' so wont do the crap jobs that they will!!

Thats why they get work and keep coming.

If we didnt have so many bums in the country then there wouldnt be any jobs for them...

Most of the bums we are supporting are the lazy nuts from abroad, i've been all over the world and what i've seen they don't work that hard in their own country! if they did we wouldn't have to send millions of £ each year to prop the lazy nuts up, You may think your quids in now but when the nuts hit the fan how much do you think they will pay you when you need work?
The one eyed man is king

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 11:03:22 pm »
mr powell had a good idea years ago .we should have shut the back door.n stopped them comming in .but the man was shot down in flames .look were we ar know .

Mr powell shot himself down by opening his mouth to soon!
The one eyed man is king

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 11:12:47 pm »
looks like theres going to be a bit of competition . i can honesstly say that if anyone posted a flyer at the customers i do , either undercutting or giving a better service my custom would say no . once your custom get used to you as being a reliable  cleaner they will keep you . so good luck to the poles . theres only 1 pole i no & thats wfp  ;D
where theres muck theres money

mark dew

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 12:40:25 am »
i've been all over the world and what i've seen they don't work that hard in their own country!

Just like the lazy ones in this country, they will go nowhere, see nothing, do nothing and moan about foreigners taking their work....
There world is full of doers and talkers and there ain't much work for talkers anywhere.
As for the doers, good luck to them. Wherever they are from.

supernova77

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2007, 01:04:11 am »
I picked up a new customer the other day who recently sacked her last window cleaners (who were Polish) for 2 reasons:

1. Because she couldn't communicate with them.

2. Because they did I rubbish job.

I am charging her almost x3 the amount that they were charging her, but she is happy with my service and wasn't happy with their's.

Andy

Londoner

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 07:31:23 am »
Yes Andy but in general prices find their own level, its how the market works.

You are talking about one customer but what about the other 200 who are getting their windows cleaned for a third of what you charge?
Over time they will win simply because they are cheaper. They are commuting to here from Poland on Easyjet, working for a couple of weeks then going back . They have the best of both worlds.

The whole setup is geared in their favour. People love them

xpskwindowcleaning

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 07:53:29 am »
You are talking about one customer but what about the other 200 who are getting their windows cleaned for a third of what you charge?
Over time they will win simply because they are cheaper. They are commuting to here from Poland on Easyjet, working for a couple of weeks then going back . They have the best of both worlds.
They don't realise they're shooting themselves in the foot though as we have loads of people claiming benefits because they're not working. I think a lot of wasters in this country bring it on themselves though. I used to be Asst. Manager in a bowling alley in the biggest council estate in the UK - we paid above minimum wage and the work was easy, just sorting shoes/deep frying/pulling pints. If you had two legs you could have had a job but despite that, we never had enough staff and head office had to go to Poland to recruit. There was loads of unemployed people living within walking distance but the Job Centre said they wouldn't send them as people could choose what sorts of work they wanted to be put forward too and all though bar work etc was beneath them.

Of course, they were prob the same people coming in spending their benefit money and complaining about the service as we were short staffed.

simon knight

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 08:34:17 am »

We got the same situation around here. My local Costcutters...loads of youths happy to hang around outside smoking and swigging out of cans of lager. The shop had an ad in the window for part-time staff  for weeks and weeks. Eventually the job was taken by a young Polish girl. Why didn't one of the lads take the job?...They don't want to work!!

carpetguy

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 08:53:10 am »
A major problem is that not only do they not want to work but THEY DON'T HAVE TO !

simon knight

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2007, 08:58:17 am »

Of Course. Why work when you can claim loads of luvvly benefits?