This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kwackers

Cheap Cheap Cheap!
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:07:39 pm »
Just had a flyer through the door!

Basically were in a 3 Bed Detatched with a one storey extension.

We used to pay £8.00 when we had a Cleaner, which i thought was quite cheap.

The flyer is £4.00 per house!!!!

Silly Money!

xpskwindowcleaning

Re: Cheap Cheap Cheap!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 03:25:49 pm »
I think the only person who could afford to do a detached house for £4 would either be on benefits or else Eastern European and out to make a quick buck. I can't imagine you'd expect amazing windows for £4!

Sanity

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 03:39:58 pm »
3 bed detached + 1 storey extension has gotta be at least a tenner.

Like xpswindowcleaning said.  Probably someone desperate or the price will go up very soon...

Kwackers

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 03:47:43 pm »
That's What i thought, Most people would quote £10-15 on our house

60p for a Wheelie bin!!

petski2

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:56:27 pm »
60p for a Wheelie bin!!

Strewth we are being robbed round here then.
£2.25 for wheelie bin cleaned fortnightly ??? ???

matt

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 03:58:08 pm »
60p for a Wheelie bin!!

Strewth we are being robbed round here then.
£2.25 for wheelie bin cleaned fortnightly ??? ???

we had a qoute for 4.50 a bin  :o :o

Kwackers

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 04:31:33 pm »
Forget that!

I'm not sure what this blokes game is, but even the wheelie bins, he need's to clean 9 an hour (include travelling time) to even make £5.00 an hour, that's less than 7 minutes per customer.

and £4.00 per house, £6.50 if you want insides, in's and outs on my house would take 45 mins!

matt

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 04:34:09 pm »
Forget that!

I'm not sure what this blokes game is, but even the wheelie bins, he need's to clean 9 an hour (include travelling time) to even make £5.00 an hour, that's less than 7 minutes per customer.

and £4.00 per house, £6.50 if you want insides, in's and outs on my house would take 45 mins!

i guess he's just happy to earn a few quid a hour, loads of eastern eupoeans would be happy with 5 quid a hour

xpskwindowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 04:47:03 pm »
i guess he's just happy to earn a few quid a hour, loads of eastern eupoeans would be happy with 5 quid a hour
As one of my Polish mates said, back there he was earning the equivalent of £1.15/hour - even by the time they've paid rent here they're still quids in cause they can take back loads of money.

It's like if we could go to another country and get paid £100k pa for unskilled labour - go there for a year, milk it for all it's worth then buy yourself a nice house or whatever when you get back.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 05:06:50 pm »
We have several local window cleaners around here charging that sort of price day in day out.  They even pay to advertise in the local paper!

matt

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 05:47:08 pm »
As one of my Polish mates said, back there he was earning the equivalent of £1.15/hour - even by the time they've paid rent here they're still quids in cause they can take back loads of money.

It's like if we could go to another country and get paid £100k pa for unskilled labour - go there for a year, milk it for all it's worth then buy yourself a nice house or whatever when you get back.

i spoke to a guy who was working as a "dogs-body" at a comercail i do, he was a teacher in polski and taught 7 - 11 yr olds, he spoke fairly good english, been over here for 18 months, has a wife and 3 children in poland, as a teacher was earning under 2 quid a hour

brightnclean

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 06:06:36 pm »
I am almost embarrased to say that I employ a Polish worker now.....  NOT!!!  :)   

I pay him the going rate. Not anywhere near as low as minimum wage. He earns a lot more an hour than whoever is quoting those prices. He tells me he feels like a millionare now compared to what he used to earn in Poland. Tell you what guys.. boy do these guys work!! They are also smart enough to be able to set up with WFP and realise that at the speed they work that they can do houses for the sort of prices quoted here and still make what to them is mega bucks. Look out guys.they are coming  :)

matt

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 06:17:10 pm »
Look out guys.they are coming  :)

indeed they are, and they will be happy to earn 5 quid a hour when they build a round for themselves

whats they falling though the floor--------------- oh its prices

brightnclean

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 06:22:33 pm »
I agree with you Matt.

At their speed of working they would probably make more like £8 to £10 an hour though and they will do a very good job as well.

1 of the reasons I employed my guy was you are far better to be in their good books. They are a pretty close knit lot and if you get the right guy the word will go out to leave well alone. :)

matt

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 06:30:54 pm »
I agree with you Matt.

At their speed of working they would probably make more like £8 to £10 an hour though and they will do a very good job as well.

1 of the reasons I employed my guy was you are far better to be in their good books. They are a pretty close knit lot and if you get the right guy the word will go out to leave well alone. :)

its happened in the building game in the past 2 years , so i honestly belive it will happen in any manual job that they can do,

simon knight

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 06:54:26 pm »

Got a Polish guy putting in a new bathroom for me. He turns up at 8 sharp and works right through until 6pm, including Saturday and bank holiday Monday.

He's charging half what I was quoted from the English firms around here and he's doing an excellent job and is polite with it....!!!

Only problem is his English is confined to: Yes please....No thank you....coffee....good morning and good night.

Still I dare say in a year or 2 he'll speak better English than me!

I've got the greatest respect for these guys.

macmac

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 07:21:42 pm »

I've not, it's a sure fire road to doom & gloom for us all while ever these guys are pouring into our country at free will. yes, it may be great to save a few quid on having your bathroom fitted but, in the long run the only thing it guarantees for us is working ourselves for 5 quid per hour.
Round them up & send 'em back, that's what i say! ;)

tony

matt

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 07:24:43 pm »

I've not, it's a sure fire road to doom & gloom for us all while ever these guys are pouring into our country at free will. yes, it may be great to save a few quid on having your bathroom fitted but, in the long run the only thing it guarantees for us is working ourselves for 5 quid per hour.

tony

it'll come to that much money in the end

anyways

the polish are not that great builders

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/videoStory?videoId=65013

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 07:33:36 pm »

tony

I can't see it coming to that...after all they are living in this country and paying the same prices as we are. If we can't survive on £5 an hour how can they?

I've not seen any Polish w/cs around where I work...so I'm safe for now ;)

matt

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 07:52:10 pm »

tony

I can't see it coming to that...after all they are living in this country and paying the same prices as we are. If we can't survive on £5 an hour how can they?

I've not seen any Polish w/cs around where I work...so I'm safe for now ;)

i know a few builders who own houses to rent out, from the early 90's when they were available for nothing

1 rents to some polish, its a 2 bed house with lounge and dining room, they have 4 ( in bunkbeds ) to each bed upstairs and in the front room ( lounge ) they have another 4 in bunk beds, the dining room had a TV in and they sit around on milk crate with cushions on ( my builder mate even offered them 2 sofa's from free cycle, they didnt want them as they take up too much space )

so 12 to a house, they dont mind living like this as they are only after a cheap place to sleep, they may pay the same bills, but its between 12 of them, thus can afford to save money