This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrismroberts

Longer pole...
« on: August 30, 2007, 09:03:47 pm »
Well its been a right cr*p day! I'm taking my time on first cleans with WFP, so I'm about 2 weeks behind and low on cash. To add insult to injury my pump stopped working on me when I got to work this morning. Faffed with it a bit then took the van home, checked everything else was flowing freely and worked out the pump was to blame.... taking it back on Sunday to the guy who installed it for me so no work tomorrow either :( :(

Ah well... to my point.... :P

I'm finding I'm still taking my ladders off the van loads, mainly to do windows above sloped rooves the pole won't reach. I don't particularly want to use them so much, if ever, so I'm in need of a longer pole, for occasional use really.

I know this is a subject that is discussed LOADS on here, but what is the best and lightest 24ft pole you guys would recommend? I'm using 18ft at the moment, and reckon an extra 6 foot would probably do me fine. I'm not massively strong so could do with something quite light. What are Exel poles like? They seem quite reasonably priced.

Thanks for any help you can give.... :)

Chris

NWH

Re: Longer pole...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:56:32 pm »
Buy a facelift 24ft carbon,this pole is a must.Order the new superlite pole,that`s it no more need to faff about looking at poles.Don`t forget to get yourself a short pole aswell 3x3ft predator.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:04:28 pm »
The 24ft Hybrid is also a very usable pole as it is in much shorter sections than the Facelift and is also 2' 8" longer.

Hybrid
24ft........5x5' 2"'..........23' 8"...............................1.89kg

Facelift
24 cf........4x6'...............21'.....................................1.72kg

chrismroberts

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 10:12:09 pm »
The Facelift is nice but a looooooooooong way out of my price range :(

I like the idea of the shorter sections on the Hybrid, would probably only need to extend 3 for use on 2nd storey, and extend the last couple for higher work? Just checked the website, £230 is a bit much at the moment... doesy anyone have anything second hand for sale?

Thanks guys :)

darren72

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:14:37 pm »
Alex what is it with you and facelift poles when ever somebody mentions them you have always got something negative to say about them i take it you dont sell them.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 11:52:02 pm »
Maybe that's his competitor?
Doh!

I need a new pole too... :-\

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 12:02:00 am »
Doh!

Already  :o, my poles are coming up 2 years & still going strong..  ;D

What you doing with them?  ???

darren72

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 12:57:09 am »
Squeaky thats the whole point. Doh!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 08:04:45 am »
Doh!

Already  :o, my poles are coming up 2 years & still going strong..  ;D

What you doing with them?  ???
Snapped the super light in 2 places, and I want a fibeglass extender of similar length.

Seeing as it only gets used for about 10 windows a month I can't see the point in having super-expensive superlight stuff.

Not sure which to get though.
Probably the green ones Alex does.
I guess 24ft should be enough for most cases.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 08:43:36 am »
Hi Darren72,

We do have Facelift poles in stock as well (just not on the website) and we actually make more money on selling a Facelift than we do by selling a Hybrid. For some people though the Hybrid's offer a better choice. They are a lot stiffer and at 24ft are less weight per extended cm, why not point that out?

Having both of these poles on our shelves we are able to point out the comparative benefits of each pole.

Do you want the plus side on the Facelift?

Removable sections. (technically you can on the Hybrid, but they are not designed to do so and it takes longer)
Well built, I think that the sections would last longer than the hybrid (Think, but I have no data to support this)
Upgradeable, the ability to purchase extra sections in the future if you want to turn your 24ft into a 34ft (very pricey way of upgrading though)

chrismroberts

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:52 am »
So the Facelift is upgradeable? How much are new sections?

Peterg

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 11:20:50 am »
While we're on the subject of long poles; I am in need of a 45Ft or possibly a 60ft (in case I get some higher stuff) pole. Now, the market place is awash with discussion and technologies... Boy it's a mine (or is it mind) field!!!

Any recommendations / suggestions; Engineers of the transparent wall maintenance dept?!?!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 11:33:25 am »
Hi sheepmeister

Say you bought a bare pole 24ft (21ft actual) Facelift Carbon fibre for £415 +VAT + Delivery, to upgrade to a 34ft (31' 5" actual) Carbon fibre, you would need to replace the Glass fibre No. 4 section with a No.4 Carbon section and add a No.5 Carbon section and a No.6 Glass fibre section.

Cost:

No.4 = £117
No.5 = £125.25
No.6 = £64.80

Total = £307.05 + VAT + Delivery.

Total cost of original pole and upgrade = £722.05 + VAT + Delivery(x2)

Cost of a bare 34ft Facelift pole = £684 + VAT + Delivery (x1)

matt

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 01:15:34 pm »

Seeing as it only gets used for about 10 windows a month I can't see the point in having super-expensive superlight stuff.

i use my unger 3 M X 3 sections for a few comercail and roughly 10 windows every  weeks, sure its on the heavy side, but for less than 20 mins a go, it ok

only 70 quid and will last :)