This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Making sure I'm not undercutting
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 11:43:19 pm »
If i was you its not about making sure you don't under cut, set your rate & stick to it. I charge more than alot in my area but i know some that charge more.

You need to earn so much per hour to cover yourself a make abit more so thats your aim.

Macc

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 11:51:51 pm »
Ground floor flats £6 £7
Other flats £7 £8
Houses: two floors £9 £10
Houses: three floors £11 £12
Inside of windows Extra £4 Extra £4
Conservatories Extra £7 Extra £7

There was a good thread about nationwide prices here:
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=39285.0

Cleaning the insides is the most irritating and time consuming part of this job. Moving everything from the sills, putting everything back after. Being very careful not to splash water. Sticky and stubborn marks (especially with student digs) that will need lots of elbow grease or a chemical to break down. The inside of the window is also much more difficult to leave smear free than the outsides as well. Even at 2X the price you will be earning every penny.
You should try cleaning the outside of your own windows, then clean the insides and time both.
At your prices i suspect you will be working £4 an hour on most of your inside work.

ian m

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 12:04:02 am »
Couldn't really read the text on the website, background seemed a bit too dark.  ??? ???

As has already been said price per window / size of property.

Dont fall into the trap of quoting a job without seeing it first.

Not sure about offering a free clean, reason is if they already have a window cleaner and they turn to you cos of your free clean offer, it could cause you problems with the local competition.

If they dont have a regular cleaner then getting hold of you should be incentive in itself.

You probably wont believe this but some of the best hourly rates are to be made on the lower end side of the housing market, where you can pick up lots of flats / bungs/ in some of the estates, thats cos there is less downtime than driving between the posh clients.

When I first started I was pulling in about £8 an hour. It takes time, not just the cleaning technique but also ladder positioning, handling customers

Welcome to the dark side  :) :) :)

regards

Ian

I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

ian m

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 12:08:45 am »
Just notice on yer website that you are charging VAT?

:-X

I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

xpskwindowcleaning

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 09:25:00 am »
Just notice on yer website that you are charging VAT?

:-X
Sorry, that was a mistake - was using the same web pages as my friend's window cleaning that I did the other week.

I'm also working on a system that you can use from your website to manage customers - sort of like an online George so that I don't need to worry about backups or losing the data. Once it's completed I'll put a copy online if anyone else wants to use it (free of course!). It means I can email my customers automagically informing them of when I'll be cleaning etc to save ringing round for access.

david68

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 10:30:58 am »
Hi
My basic pricing is 30-40 pence per glass, I just count all the glass sections around the house and times it by my price.

So one frame with a opener at the top would be e.g 80 pence.

I also find the bigger the house the less you get because they seem to be more tight with their money.

Also i charge more for the front than the back as most times its only fronts we get to clean

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com