This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Alex
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:52:15 pm »
Can't get on your site today it keeps timing out. Anyway my metal hosereel arrived today - great.....but how do I attatch my existing microbore to the reel? It looks as if I need to screw the barb into that curved brass pipe exept it's a different thread to everything I have. Don't tell me I need to buy another part to fit my hose? :'(

Alex Gardiner

Re: Alex
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:08:15 pm »
Hi Davew,

Doesn't seem to be any problems with the site our end.  ???

You should have an inline adapter and section of 1/2" hose on the reel end of your current microbore. Push the 1/2" hose over the brass barb and fix with a jubilee clip.

You can get a microbore barb that screws into the brass barb on the reel, but we do not keep them in stock (we could get one for you if you want).

Davew

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:09:55 pm »
Thanks Alex

Davew

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:50:56 pm »
I didn't have an inline adapter 'cos my microbore was attatched to a metal connector with Hozelock metal fittings. I've managed to disect an unused flow valve and got away with it I think. Metal reel looks great exept that the metal reel sides just sits on the spindle on the crank side and looks likely to cut through the plastic? My former Hozereel problems were down to too much pressure I'm sure.
 Really like the brass elbow adapter well impressed. :)