This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Getting a Van?
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:12:35 pm »

Just wondered guys if you could tell me the cheapest way to get my hands on a new van. I had one earlier in the year on a n plate and thought it would do me 12 months. It didn't so I went back to my poor car  :'(. The car has really had to put up with a beating this year and its now starting to show on the old girl. So was just starting to toy with the idea of a new or newly new van. What is the best way?

SparklingWC

Re: Getting a Van?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 12:29:06 pm »
local ads
word of mouth, ebay

i guess they are the best ways

colley614

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:36:12 pm »

Was thinking of maybe rent to buy. I've checked local adds and they are very expensive considering most are the wrong side of 100k miles. Ebay bought one that was described as mint condition only used to get to work and back in city centre and did have low milage for age "was N reg and had 60000 miles" and very clean looking, the problem was mechanical, head gasket was knackered, gear box has knackered and was really hard to find a replacement. So I was thinking of buying something or lease/ renting something that was ready for a hard life rather than had one.

ok cleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 01:22:07 pm »
why dont you try BCA ? i bought my van from there very pleased with it

colley614

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 01:29:38 pm »

Quality idea they have loads of vans to pick from.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 05:17:48 pm »
The only way is to bite the bullet and get a new van,in my opinion i would go for Traffic Vivaro primastar.You will be able to put up to 800ltrs in the swb versions of most of these and have loads of room left for other equipment,a smaller van might seem ok but your only ever gonna need to go bigger not smaller.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 07:31:39 pm »
The only way is to bite the bullet and get a new van,in my opinion i would go for Traffic Vivaro primastar.You will be able to put up to 800ltrs in the swb versions of most of these and have loads of room left for other equipment,a smaller van might seem ok but your only ever gonna need to go bigger not smaller.

If you do go for one of these, you may prefer to look out for the 2.9 tonne version rather than the 2.7 tonner.  I have a 2.9 tonne Trafic.  I regretted not getting the longer version when I carried a trolley around but now that I don't use the trolley the SWB fits everything in just fine.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 07:33:31 pm »
I've got the SL29 Trafic too.

Didn't realise you had taste Shiner.  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 09:47:44 pm »
I've got the SL29 Trafic too.

Didn't realise you had taste Shiner.  ;)

:)

They are a nice van to drive Rog.  I just have trouble trusting it as I've had to replace certain parts too soon in its life IMO.  Next service not due for another 17,000 miles.  I just hope it won't cost me too much until then.  Well, I will need to put some new tyres on at some point but that's normal wear and tear.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:28 pm »
It does seem a long service interval.

I'm told it's 18,000 miles or two years.
I'll only do about 18,000 in 3 years, so it'll be two years until a service.

That sounds a long time until an oil and filter change. :o

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 07:42:02 am »
It does seem a long service interval.

I'm told it's 18,000 miles or two years.
I'll only do about 18,000 in 3 years, so it'll be two years until a service.

That sounds a long time until an oil and filter change. :o

I tend to do around 10 - 11,000 miles a year in mine so I reach the 18,000 mile bit before the 2 years has elapsed.  Although 18,000 miles does seem a long time to wait between sevices, it can be costly when it is done because inevitably something else will be found wrong.  I paid £1,200 for the recent service (54,000 miles) as there was other work needed doing.  Much of this was about changing the timing belt.  Although they are 72,000 mile intervals, there is also a 5 year stipulation on them too.  Power steering pumps are pretty expensive too.

macmac

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 05:06:02 pm »
Fiat doblo cargo 1.3D multijet, great van, cheap to buy/tax/run everything, some cracking deals on them + 740 kg payload, perfect for 400ltr system.
Just ask squeeky, he loves 'em. ;)

tony

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 06:31:05 pm »
Small and wobbly.

Even the same sounds a bit dopey.
Remember Joey Deacon?

The word "Doblo" reminds me of him. ;D