Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Wingrove

Re: Do you foresee any probs with this???
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 09:25:35 pm »
i agree with dave, i havnt told one customer that's this is a new way, i just clean the windows and say it will dry clear.

i had a few ask questions and told them that last time i cleaned them and they went in i did them this way and they dried fine, they was quite surprised. thats if you have cleaned them before

if you act like something is wrong they will pick it up, if you act like its normal they will pick that up also, dont bother with letters

NWH

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 09:36:11 pm »
Completely agree with Alex,the customer will definatley pick up on the fact that this way of cleaning is new to you.Just carry on as if it`s no big thing and it is now the way it`s done,if you over sell it to them they will check for every mark or run to prove you wrong or make it look like you`ve wasted your money.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 09:39:02 pm »
Completely agree with Alex,the customer will definatley pick up on the fact that this way of cleaning is new to you.Just carry on as if it`s no big thing and it is now the way it`s done,if you over sell it to them they will check for every mark or run to prove you wrong or make it look like you`ve wasted your money.

You may have a point about this as they are all new customers anyway.  The way I did things was when I converted an existing customer base.  The two situations are indeed different and maybe need to be handled differently.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 09:44:36 pm »
The thing is with them being taken over from a wc that`s been doing them trad for years is there`s no trust there from the customer to the new wc,they will only take you on face value and nothing else if they don`t like the look of you you`ve had it,this is the nature of our job especially if you knock doors.It`s like when people knock doors that homeowner has got to take an instant liking to you or your dead in the water.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 09:16:06 am »
If you can do trad, it might be an idea to do the downs trad to begin with.  It means that you can put more effort into the upstairs windows with wfp and still have enough water to last the day, and that the downstairs will be guaranteed to be clean.  Most people would notice that their downstairs have got run lines down the middle more so than their upstairs.

After you have the ups sorted then convert the downs.

If you're going to clean the frames then sell this part of wfp as well.  Like ,"You never used to get the frames done and now you do, look they look like new."

Simon.

SparklingWC

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 09:25:32 am »
only problem with cleaning upstairs wfp and downstairs trad. would be that it looks like you yourself dont trust the wfp system. if you did you'd have no problem doing the whole house wfp and cos they feel you dont trust the system they wont, and will look out for errors.
i think you'd be best turning up on the morning of starting and just work as you would normally and when you speak to them, epolagise on being late and explain some of the reasons. if they ask about the system, explain as you work tell them it may take a few cleans to get perfect results, but when you do they will be perfect and will stay cleaner for the whole month instead of just a week or two.
i work trad, so i havent had to go through explaining to people, but thats just the way i'd do things if i was in your situation.
spend time getting to know each customer a little too. just because you have a lot of work to get around, spend 5 minutes talking to a customer if they talk to you. do this while working if possible - but try not to rush off. you'll benefit from talking to customers and making friends and building trust with them the first few times, and occasionally after that just o keep a good relationship. this way they are less likely to drop you for a lower priced window cleaner because you are seen as a friend and not just the man who cleans their windows

good luck

colley614

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 12:44:20 pm »
If your going to be doing them WFP i would expect to lose quiet a bit more than 10%.

Possibly, but not if he markets it well and explains thingsa properly (preferably in writing).  I tend to stress that WFP has been used succesfully on high rise and  industrial units for over 10 years (so they must be OK, mustn't they?  :)  ) and that the tightening up of safety laws in 2005 means that it is now advisable to avoid ladder work where reasonably practical.  Please note how I have worded that last bit because if you come out with something like "ladders are banned", you could be shooting yourself in the foot.  People know that most W/Cs still use ladders and even if there was a total ladder ban (which there isn't), the fact that most W/Cs still use them will make you look a liar.  If they think you're a liar, that could break the trust between customer and W/C before the service even starts.

Tightening up on ladders since 2005. Thats the best way I've heard it described! I remember a guy by mine buying wfp then telling the whole area ladders were banned only for his machine to break down and him having to explain why he was using ladders when it was illegal.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 01:07:19 pm »
I'm water fed pole and trad, and all though the pole is good, when you are changing a lot of work over, it's a nightmare.  You need to use loads of water to do a decant job.  If you leave your customers living room and kitchen windows all streaky the first time you go, you have to ask yourself will they seriously give you another chance.  There are window cleaners out there that only do tops with the pole and trad downstairs. 

On another thread you mentioned you was looking at a 250L tank van mount.  At that sort of size your looking at upstairs only on the first clean.  Otherwise you'll need to refill halfway through the day.

Simon