This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jampot

garage set up
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:03:52 pm »
 any 1 get pics of setup of the ro unit, tank in there garage?
im looking to set up my garage for make pure water just dont know where to start, any help will be great

d s windowcleaning

Re: garage set up
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:31:47 pm »
start by getting a ro unit  :) plumb it in which aint hard . then you got your pure water .
where theres muck theres money

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 07:53:22 pm »
mine is in the shed ro system plumbed in pure water out of ro to a di vesile pure water from that in to storage tanks i have only just set mine upp and it will   produce 250liters a day which is enought for me at the moment i tested my water tds out of tap then tested out of ro unit then out of di readings were
                       tap 252 tds
                       out of ro 8 tds
                       out of di vesil 000 tds
wast water should be alot higher than tap tds mine is 347 tds i thing like i say it is only a small set up but enough to do what i need if you want more pure water just get a bigger gpd ro unit and bigger storage tank also you need a transfer pump to pump your stored water to your vehicle which i have not done yet as it is stored in 25liter barrels which i pure in to my tank via a funnel untill i can get this sorted

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 01:50:23 pm »
Hope this helps a little....http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=41483.0#msg329577

It then goes into 2x500l tanks which are joined together (can be isolated), one of the tanks then has a transfer pump to get the water into the van.

Cheers
Dave.

jampot

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 04:54:14 pm »
thanx guys thats great  :)

macmac

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 05:07:59 pm »
jampot
What is your tap tds?

jampot

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 06:04:17 pm »
my tap water is low ( i think) 85 pp Why mate?

macmac

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 07:43:06 pm »
my tap water is low ( i think) 85 pp Why mate?

If that is correct then you dont need an RO, just 2x 11Ltr DI vessels in sequence. fill tank in van from tap & pump through the DI vessels in van.
I run a 400ltr system this way & only use 2 bags of resin per year max, my tap tds is 96ppm. use DOWEX resin & you're sorted. pure water on demand & none of the hasstle of storage tanks / transfere pumps / RO systems etc.

tony