This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

tfr?
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:09:00 am »
I had a minging conservatory clean yesterday. I sprayed the first half with tfr but only used pure water for the second half and guess what? No difference in speed or cleanness and no easier to remove those barnicals either. Maybe it's over rated and over hyped, after all it's more of a degreaser really. I would think a bottle of unger gel would work better.

NWH

Re: tfr?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:13:32 am »
Try leaving it on for about 10mins,i must admit it dosen`t remove the barnicals very well but as for the roof sections and plastic i find it much better than just using water.

nat

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 02:59:44 pm »
We had a huge glass canopy to clean, about 50 meters long, if we didn't use TFR it would of taken 3 times as long, for real green algae build up, and general scum it breaks it down so that a couple of swipes with your brush it is removed, i don't think its over rated, it serves its purpose maybe just not every purpose

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 04:05:11 pm »
I had a minging conservatory clean yesterday. I sprayed the first half with tfr but only used pure water for the second half and guess what? No difference in speed or cleanness and no easier to remove those barnicals either. Maybe it's over rated and over hyped, after all it's more of a degreaser really. I would think a bottle of unger gel would work better.

Each to their own but i swear by the stuff. We all get our own methods & what works for each of us but i find by giving roofs, facias, soffits & getter a good spray over & leave it to soak in for 10 mins the dirt fall of.

Macc

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:25:10 pm »

Each to their own but i swear by the stuff. We all get our own methods & what works for each of us but i find by giving roofs, facias, soffits & getter a good spray over & leave it to soak in for 10 mins the dirt fall of.

Macc
first of all TFR what is it?
As I dont use wfp yet how would you get it on the roof in the first place.
May sound silly this question, but I dont know so I am asking and maybe the other people reading the post are think the same thing but dont want to look silly asking. As I really dont mind if people think im silly I have asked it  ;D

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 04:27:35 pm »
no easier to remove those barnicals either.

How do you get those damn things off? I guess a pressure washer would but could I damage the glass (2000psi) Any ideas?

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 04:46:52 pm »
Hi windowwashers.

Tfr is traffic film remover but make sure it's none caustic. I use it at about 20% tfr, 80% water mix. I use a spray bottle to apply it, about £20-£30 for a good one from a diy store.

no easier to remove those barnicals either.

How do you get those d**n things off? I guess a pressure washer would but could I damage the glass (2000psi) Any ideas?

No probs but be carefull the water doesnt get past the openers & inside. I know a couple of trad cleaners that use that method & it works for them.

Macc

Davew

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 05:33:17 pm »
I used my vikan sill brush and turned it on it's side and broke up the worst of them with the rubber surround. I've always used tfr (traffic film remover) before for any green roofs I was just suprised it didn't make much difference on this one.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 05:44:18 pm »
I also use the edge of the brush to losen the bulky green lumps and when first applied with tfr they do come off easier.

macmac

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 09:08:26 pm »
I've done 2 con roofs recently, 1 with tfr & one without.
I'll be using tfr all the time from now. didn't even have to scrub with tfr applied, the green just fell away with normal brushing, i think it's great, makes it a lot easier. ;)

tony

Pj

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 12:01:50 am »
I can't find a product description anywhere??

What about a COSSH report?

Who manufactures this stuff? And what are it's exact applications and limitations?

Where are the specifications?

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 07:33:22 am »
I have never tried tfr but for many years I have cleaned conservatory roofs with washing up liquid and an old broom head fitted to the end of my pole. It works a treat. Just buy the cheapest stuff you can get, fill a big bucket with warm water and splash it or spray it  all over .

john tomkins

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 08:19:39 am »
I know there are loads of different makes/suppliers of TFR around and many dilution rates ranging from about 4 to 1 up to 100+ to 1, I'm assuming you got a good one and the correct ratio ;)
Only reason I said that is because I've personally found it brilliant stuff and after spraying it on and leaving it 10 mins the gunge comes off a treat ;D
I would never not use it, just trying to imagine what went wrong for you.

Davew

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 08:57:42 am »
Mine's 20 to 1. It could be that the green was baked on in the sun so possibly had I given it a soak with tap water then tfr it may have been better.