This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Swiveling at 90 degrees
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:24:32 pm »
The swivel I fitted to my brush allows me to clean in either a side to side, or up and down movement. I find it can be a lot quicker on some windows to clean with the brush on it's side, especially when you don't have much space behind you.
Do any of you guys use a swivel for this.? Dai

Pj

Re: Swiveling at 90 degrees
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 07:31:03 pm »
I've tried the swivel a few times, I like it in principle, but I don't like the salmon type brushes
I'm an Ionics man meself and thems the brushes I really get on with.  If I could be bothered to fit a good swivel to one I'd use it.

Not a very helpful post but there it is. ::)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 07:59:00 pm »
Hey Man ..... Swiveling is the best form of excercise  :)

Been trying to get everyone to  swivel for 10 years, difficult to immagine not using one, but the first movement of any brush should be up and down followed by left and right swivel. Until you have tried it its difficult to explain how easy it is to totally control the brush angle from the ground with a simple twist of your wrist.

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 08:16:10 pm »
I broke my Gaz Mk1 swivel today,  :'( :'( :'( tried the Mk2 and just couldn't get on with it, so I came home this afternoon, went out into my workshop and made myself a new section for my mk1, out of one of my Aluminum unger poles.

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 08:19:11 pm »
im going to try a swivel in the next few weeks

got my pole sorted, just went to buy a bently brush :) so need to trim it and fit the jets

them im in "light-ville"  ;) ;)

Davew

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 08:51:11 pm »
I use the MkII's. I have drilled down through them and inserted the pin from a pop rivet. Wouldn't be without one now.

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 10:39:01 pm »
jeff has just made his own swivel and put the pics on the training  academy  ;D

check it out

Pj

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 10:48:23 pm »

Been trying to get everyone to  swivel for 10 years, difficult to immagine not using one, but the first movement of any brush should be up and down followed by left and right swivel. Until you have tried it its difficult to explain how easy it is to totally control the brush angle from the ground with a simple twist of your wrist.

I don't have a problem with the swivel, it's the type of brush it's attatched to that has to change.

No-one listens/reads/notices what is being said/typed/written

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 10:58:54 pm »

I don't have a problem with the swivel, it's the type of brush it's attatched to that has to change.

No-one listens/reads/notices what is being said/typed/written
I understand what your saying Pj, I'm going to try other brush's now, I found the vikan hard work today, so I'll adapt other brushes so I can fit a swivel on it.

macmac

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 10:03:48 am »
broke my MKII swivel last week after 2 months of abuse, I did buy 5 but left them at home. anyway, i had to finnish the day off without it, just a rigid brush on angle adaptor. MAAAAAAN, what a nightmare :'(  I knew i loved the swivel but untill this happened i didn't realise just how much i needed it. it just makes the job soooooo much easier. :D
Anyway, back to the post, yes i use my pole/brush at 90 degrees loads on bottom windows, a combination of swivel & pole movement. I have a 24ft facelift & when closed down, with the combination of swivel & angle adaptor i can do 98% of bottoms with it. i only have to use my mini-pole twice a month now.;)

tony

matt

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 11:04:51 am »
can you still keep the brush sraight when doing the top edge of the glass with a swivel on ?? ?? ?

Davew

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:14:50 am »
Yep no problem you can keep it flat for those sills to from really funny angles. Also you can get through balcony railings then twist you pole to but the head back square to the glass.

david thomas

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:42 pm »
where do you get the swivel adaptor from and what brush head is best