This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

another week with no collecting to do
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:35:28 pm »
dont you just love it when you dont have to go back to collect  :) ive done 114 houses this week & ive only 1 to collect from how goods that . wish it was like that every time .  :)
where theres muck theres money

NWH

Re: another week with no collecting to do
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 07:09:27 pm »
I have never collected ever,it`s a job in itself.If some wcs are thinking there prices are to low just stop and think,when you collect your not getting paid for it.It would be less hassle to get envolopes with postage paid on them.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 08:40:59 pm »
I collected from 6 tonight, its all down to the kids being home,

I still like the collecting bit, I still like to have personal contact with all my customers it keeps us both intouch, so those not at home when I do the job, I get to meet in the evening.

dai

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:50:09 pm »
I hate collecting, really hate it.
The problem for us is that with so many shops now refusing payment by personal cheque, cheque books are being being phased out. The banks don't like them either. they want everything done electronically. The cheque is on the way out. We need a mobile phone that swipes credit cards. Dai

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 11:21:41 pm »
I hate collecting, really hate it.
The problem for us is that with so many shops now refusing payment by personal cheque, cheque books are being being phased out. The banks don't like them either. they want everything done electronically. The cheque is on the way out. We need a mobile phone that swipes credit cards. Dai
direct debit, or standing order you need to keep up with the timres, even online banking on you website.  if you need my help call me on 07788 732 789 if it goes to answer machine leave your name and number and i will call yuo back and have a chat. have a look at my website: www.windowwashers.co.uk

getting onto the interent is not hard with us.

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 06:30:00 am »
Another problem with cheques will be the bank charges. Banks are frantically trying to get away from "free" banking and charging per transaction.
Like Dai says the banks don't like cheques because they are slow and labour intensive to process and they generate a lot of errors and queries. They will charge accordingly.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 04:21:08 pm »
Another problem with cheques will be the bank charges. Banks are frantically trying to get away from "free" banking and charging per transaction.
Like Dai says the banks don't like cheques because they are slow and labour intensive to process and they generate a lot of errors and queries. They will charge accordingly.
Cheques you may get charged on but it beats going out collection only to find none of the customers are in and or have not left moeny for you, I would perfer a cheque any day instead of collecting my time is money and the 50p a cheque saves me more in the long run, little test for anyone going out collecting: Work out how long you collect for, convert that time into your houly rate, if you are spending an hour to collect say £100 and you earn £20 an hour that means you worked for an hour that day for nothing and the cost of fuel etc. or if the houses where £10 each 10 houses just to make it easy on the sums, getting cheques would have cost £5 makes sence I think.

What do you lot think?

SonOfFormby

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 08:00:38 pm »
I saw in Abbey (building society) they now offer a free business account,ie no charges for cheques or anything else EVER!!

Lee

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 08:03:10 pm »
If that`s the case i will look into that for sure.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 08:07:45 pm »
cant find it online,but I picked up leaflet from Eastbourne branch.

Lee

SparklingWC

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 08:09:43 pm »
If that`s the case i will look into that for sure.

here you go:
http://www.anbusiness.com/

geefree

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 09:26:20 pm »
hi,

i dont collect, they all pay by cheque, posted to my house,,,,

they buy the stamp and envelope..... its pennies to them, but in a year it ££££££s to us.....

there cant be many tradesmen or whatever out there who  do a job in a house and give them an stamped address enveolpe to send the cheque on..!

so neither do i  ;D ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 07:17:53 pm »
hi,

i dont collect, they all pay by cheque, posted to my house,,,,

they buy the stamp and envelope..... its pennies to them, but in a year it ££££££s to us.....

there cant be many tradesmen or whatever out there who  do a job in a house and give them an stamped address enveolpe to send the cheque on..!

so neither do i  ;D ::)
Exactly what I do.

I've collected once or twice this year when I've needed some cash urgently, but that's about it.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 07:25:29 pm »
I saw in Abbey (building society) they now offer a free business account,ie no charges for cheques or anything else EVER!!

Lee

You must keep the incoming cheques below 100 per calendar month to keep it free or they charge you for each cheque over and above this level.  I can usually keep within this level but on a very busy month, I have occasionally delayed cheques by a few days until the next month.

niceandclean

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 07:34:48 pm »
I always leave an addressed envelope, not stamped, but no excuse to send a cheque back. I bank with the co-op, free business banking, unlimited cheques and cash.