This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

felt sorry for the old man
« on: August 23, 2007, 10:38:51 pm »
while out working today id just finished when i seen this old man who i found out was 68 up a ladder cleaning windows . i thought i would pull up and offer my services to be told its how he makes a living as the pension he gets is no good . we was talking for a while when he told me he had been a cleaner for  40 years and that he was still in the old days . shammy leather & a bit of cloth . i was even more surprised  to find out he only charged £1.50 per house . he still had 6 houses left to do which out of kindness i did for him . what  took me 45 mins would have taken the old man some time to do . i didnt want anything in return . but due to my kindness ive now been offered a few rows of shops & a rew pubs and clubs . all through being kind  :)  :)
where theres muck theres money

Captain Scarlet

Re: felt sorry for the old man
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:42:28 pm »
nice to hear, somebody actually being nice to another human! not too common in this strange world. Did you use wfp for his jobs, because if you did it would have been like showing fire to a caveman!!!Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:45:43 pm »
I hope when I'm old some bloke turns up and I'm still using the old wfp and he does my jobs with a pure water bazooka that fires bombs that explode pure water onto windows!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:46:31 pm »
yes i used wfp & he loved it  :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:49:11 pm »
what did he say? did you show it working?

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:52:32 pm »
Luke that showing fire to a caveman line made me LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 10:59:40 pm »
yeah, I could just imagine the van door opening and his eyes lighting up, and him finally realising the potential of window cleaning! the back of our vans looks more like a firetruck than anything else! Luke

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 11:02:53 pm »
Luke are you and your dad giving all the houses the WFP treatment.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 11:08:22 pm »
yes, the lot. I can't believe how good it is, my dad does days on his own and yesterday he came home 3 hours earlier!!! we havent had any spots at all, after reading some horror stories on here I thought it was going to be a real learning curve but they musnt have been doing it right because all my windows are coming up perfect.

I did a job today that leeches black from the seals on the consevetory, I thought we would have to do it trad because it really makes a mess of the applicator and cloths and the finish but with wfp it didnt leech it just came up perfect, the finish is much better than trad too, just more consistent and more shiny!!Luke

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 11:38:06 pm »
yes he loved it said he wished it was around 40 years ago . i had total respect for the guy to be cleaning windows for 40 years takes some doing .

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 02:34:53 am »
nice to hear, somebody actually being nice to another human! not too common in this strange world. Did you use wfp for his jobs, because if you did it would have been like showing fire to a caveman!!!Luke
lol loved that comment Luke

Pat Purcell

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 02:47:38 am »
Dave, a lot of people think about being helpful, even more talk about it, you are to be commended for actually doing it
Not wishing to sound nit-picky the old saying "give a man a fish and you fed him for a day, teach him to fish and you feed him for a life time" comes to mind
A good discussion with him about pricing may have served a better purpose
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 03:00:36 am »
Dave, a lot of people think about being helpful, even more talk about it, you are to be commended for actually doing it
Not wishing to sound nit-picky the old saying "give a man a fish and you fed him for a day, teach him to fish and you feed him for a life time" comes to mind
A good discussion with him about pricing may have served a better purpose
Can't teach an old dog new tricks comes to mind on that comment Pat

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 08:26:19 am »
68 isn't old!! my Dad is 74 and is still working, he's a builder and still climbs ladders carrying a hod full of bricks or a load of tiles on his shoulder!! He thinks window cleaners are wimps!!!! :(

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 10:04:49 am »
pat purcell i did speak to him about pricing and he just says hes been thinking about increaseing for some time but dont no by how much . i charge £8 for all the same type of houses as the old man wae doing so thats a £6.50 increase would the custom be happy with a increase like that ,think not. even if he was to put them up by a couple of pounds a lot of cusstie wont be happy . groundhog total respect to your dad if hes still working at 74

ScrimShady

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 12:16:43 pm »
i just think its a dam shame that the older generation have to work to top up their  pension to be able to live!! :'( :'(

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 05:04:06 pm »
while out working today id just finished when i seen this old man who i found out was 68 up a ladder cleaning windows . i thought i would pull up and offer my services to be told its how he makes a living as the pension he gets is no good . we was talking for a while when he told me he had been a cleaner for  40 years and that he was still in the old days . shammy leather & a bit of cloth . i was even more surprised  to find out he only charged £1.50 per house . he still had 6 houses left to do which out of kindness i did for him . what  took me 45 mins would have taken the old man some time to do . i didnt want anything in return . but due to my kindness ive now been offered a few rows of shops & a rew pubs and clubs . all through being kind  :)  :)
Dave
You have my full respect for doing that for the old guy?
If it wasn't for 2 old guy's that gave me my full round and all the trad gear, I wouldn't be a w/c today.
You have my full respect, its a shame there wasn't a few more guy's like you around, the world would be a much nicer place. :)

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 05:45:31 pm »
Nice one mate, your a top bloke.  ;D

I feel for our oldies, they went through the war & rebuilt this country for us so i respect them. If it was not for them we would be Nazies now, remembering the Frog wimps that would not stand up to them either & still to this day them wimps side with them.

Our Scottish government & unelected PM wont stand up for us & completley dump on our oldies all the time.

Macc

djhaydn

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 08:03:18 pm »
wel done dave , you have my respect,

Luke...... you saying fire engines are messy?????? lol.

Haydn

groundhog

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 07:26:36 am »
Nice one mate, your a top bloke.  ;D

I feel for our oldies, they went through the war & rebuilt this country for us so i respect them. If it was not for them we would be Nazies now, remembering the Frog wimps that would not stand up to them either & still to this day them wimps side with them.

Our Scottish government & unelected PM wont stand up for us & completley dump on our oldies all the time.

Macc

I doubt that this chap would have known much about the war at 68!!  ;D
There is also a few racist comments in this post!!! >:( and I'm not standing up for the French but they didn't have the advantage of being an Island surrounded by sea!! ;)