This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

eddie d

rain
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:04:03 pm »
i always work in the rain but at times i feel the custys  arnt happy .

but what with the constant rain we have been having ive found that the custys arnt bothered .and are just pleased to get the windows clean .

Re: rain
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:00:42 pm »
Mine don't bat an eyelid, if anything i get too many coffee's on wet days.

Mine also know if they are not happy give me a call & i'll be back the next day
to sort it. In 2 years not one.

cvdewsbury

trad window cleaning..re cowboys
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:43:09 pm »
u can,t clean windows in the rain.factmondo.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 11:02:22 pm »
you cant live on fresh air, factmondo.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 11:05:02 pm »
There`s no such word as can`t,ask my customers.

niceandclean

Re: trad window cleaning..re cowboys
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 11:08:19 pm »

Why is that??

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:12:01 pm »
I'm sorry in this country you cant afford not to clean in the rain, you would end up bankrupt. We clean the frames too and this is what helps stop the rain carry dirt onto the glass so it is important we clean rain or shine. Infact that is one of our selling points we used when canvassing 6 months ago, it acted as a sales point and also a warning to the customer that there would be none of this "oh its raining, please waste your time and fuel and go home!!"Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 08:09:58 am »
"oh its raining, please waste your time and fuel and go home!!

Luke, you forgot, 'and twiddle your thumbs to earn your income'

dont they just p1$$ you off !!

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 08:10:49 am »
u can,t clean windows in the rain.
I hate it when people say that!!!!  >:(

gsw

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 08:20:53 am »

mate you are so wrong , you sound like a house wife!! try your own windows you might be surprised!

and richer!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 08:50:43 am »
I was told that rain ruins the windows by moving arround the dirt and dust that's already on them,.. but the rain itself is very pure. So by WFP'ing a window in the rain and removing that dirt and dust, you should still be providing a surface that will dry streak free.
That's what I tell my custys,.. and I add that I'll gladly come back tomorrow and fix it if there are any streaks. I've never once had a call back (In the 6 weeks I've been WFP! ;D!

john tomkins

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 09:06:53 am »
Rain itself wont dirty the windows, it the potential for anything it picks up on the way down, canopys, guttering, tiles, flashings above windows etc etc that could cause problems, you just gotta be aware.
Then again maybe the customers dont really care as the got more important things on their minds than scrutinising the glass once its dry ;D

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 05:49:03 pm »

Ok, i wont,  ::)

You go home & worry how your going to pay your bills & i'll work
on & keep my custy's happy & pay my bills.  ;D

Pj

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 06:22:28 pm »
I wasn't going to comment, but I will...

At least 80% of my residential clients do not want their windows cleaned in the rain.  No matter what I tell them that is it! 
I give them all the pros about purified water etc etc, they say,  "well I still don't agree.  Mine have never been spotless after heavy rain". 

You'll now say i'm not cleaning them right.   Blah blah blah.

I don't do residential in heavy rain.
20 years a windowcleaner 2 years wfp in an economically depressed area. 
That's just the way it is.

If it's different for you, well done, but it may not be just down to what a brilliant cleaner and businessman you are.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 07:15:35 pm »
There`s no such word as can`t,ask my customers.
I did, and they spelt it with a U. ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 07:18:15 pm »
 :)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 07:20:57 pm »
We clean in light rain, as said before, we tell them if they are not happy to give us a call and we'll reclean them for them.  Never get a call.

If it's absolutly p**sing down, then we don't clean......why?    because we don't like getting drenched to the skin!

cvdewsbury

trad window cleaning..re cowboys
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 10:28:03 am »
nice to see the subject created a bit of healthy debate..i,ll clean in light drizzle, showers yes but bouncing down rain no im glad to take the day off catch up with some invoicing etc...or if possible plan to do some inside work..Anyway just a basic question how can you edge round properly in the boucing down rain...this question is to the lads who can do window cleaning not the new breed that ask how to clean inside of conservatory windows.Rant over.

john tomkins

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 11:59:18 am »
Anyway just a basic question how can you edge round properly in the boucing down rain...this question is to the lads who can do window cleaning not the new breed that ask how to clean inside of conservatory windows.Rant over.

We all need to ask questions, it's only easy if you know the answer :P

cvdewsbury

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 12:38:54 pm »
asking how to clean inside of windows...come off it thats not a question i thought someone was taking the p...ps im from yorkshire so i do apolgise if anyone gets offended by the bluntless of my replies