This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SparklingWC

Extra Services (pricing help)
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:20:36 pm »
Hi all,
We have now decided to do some extra services. we want to do
1) UPVC cleaning
2) gutter clearing
3) path and driveway cleaning (pressure washing)

what i want to know is, how do you guys price this kind of work?
also, what tips and techniques have you found that get the jobs done well and quickly?

all help is appreciated.
Calum,

Captain Scarlet

Re: Extra Services (pricing help)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:54:06 pm »
figure out how much you want an hour, then figure out how long the jobs will take either by estimation or by experience from doing some at home. Always price slightly higher than you think it should be, because you will find that it takes longer than expected. I would say add 25% for just in case. Then when you know very well how long those jobs will take you can bring it down to say 10-15%, hope this helps
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:59:01 pm »
oh and remember pressure washing is hard work, it doesnt pay as well as window cleaning because it is time consuming and this leads to you giving high prices and customers not wanting the job done, but if you can get what you want per hour thats all that matters. Pressure washers go through water quick and are annoying to cart about, we no longer do pressure washing, if someone wants a caravan cleaning we chage 120 for all sides and glass, guess what, nobody has asked us to do it at that price!!!!!!I'm glad caus you get soaked and you spend ages looking at the same object! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

peternathan

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:02:50 pm »
hi
most pressure washing guys charge per sqr mtr for drives/patios ect
i did a full clean a couple of weeks ago roof, gutters, windows, conservatory, patio, block paved drive and sealed it. i wont say how much but was well worth it.

block paving is about 2.50-4 pound sqr mtr depends where you live

NWH

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:08:42 pm »
I wouldn`t charge per hour for any of those jobs,you can do loooads of work in an hour.I did a few jobs some years ago charging by the hour and got stung,i would charge what you want for the job in question and come to a price with the customer.For example jo bloggs charges by the hour and charges say £20,he gets a job to clean PVC weatherboarding on the front of a house,he gets cracking and does it in an hour and a half.What do you reckon £30 who`s getting a bargain there then.

peternathan

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 07:14:38 pm »
good point

i quoted 50 for a conservatory over the phone the lady siad is that all!

i turned up. it was prob the cleanist one i've done only took a hour.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:26:06 pm »
none of my round is based on pricing what i would want per hour, just individual high prices!! but I was planning on doing this when canvasssing for more work after going pole, maybe i wont now!luke

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 07:38:21 pm »
If you were to do that with the pole luke you`ll be earning less as your be doing them quicker,in some cases twice as quick.Price it for what you want for the job in question,they either want it or they don`t,if you charge by the hour and want say £40,what happens if you do a 4 bed detatched house in 25mins.What do you do knock and ask for a tenner.

SparklingWC

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 08:26:09 pm »
thanks for all the help so far guys. any more advice on pricing and doing the jobs is appreciated. as i have already been asked to clean the plastics on a customers house, all the facias etc. might only be doing three sides though as half the back means working off a conservatory roof - and im not prepared to do that.