Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gsw

question about salmon brushes
« on: August 22, 2007, 07:55:19 pm »
i was using gaz h20 brushes and just bought vikan monofilament to replace them, not keen on the vikans so want to buy salmons again, could someone tell me which ones gazh2o used to supply i figure its one of these two.

http://www.wsbrushes.co.uk/?product_id=5963&option=Prod_detail&image_id=4370

or

http://www.wsbrushes.co.uk/?product_id=6183&option=Prod_detail&image_id=4611

any help would be welcome, also i will need to adapt the brush head with a cone to fit the pole thread any ideas where i can get these.

cheers everyone

niceandclean

Re: question about salmon brushes
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:06:55 pm »
I think its the medium one. I did not think the thread had to be changed? I am using the new vikan mono at present, was happy with it to start with, but after a couple of weeks it takes ages to get rid of bird muck, seems too soft,  so have gone back to my old Gaz brush, much better!!

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:07:22 pm »
i have just compared mine to your pic, the £5 looks the same, except the edges on the salmon are rounded

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:14:17 pm »
my old gaz brush looks like the 5 quid brush and the price it about what they go for

NWH

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »
That brush in the picture is really heavy and i mean the vikan would seem bliss compared to it.

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 09:43:07 pm »
I had the non lightweight gaz brush and it's the same weight as the vikan about 1 lb, the lightweight are much lighter but dont last long before the bristles go :(

The £5 seems a good price till you add delivery on.... £6.50 + vat :o

gsw

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:03:27 pm »
I am using the new vikan mono at present, was happy with it to start with, but after a couple of weeks it takes ages to get rid of bird muck, seems too soft, 

i have only been using mine for 3 days and in the rain when muck is normally easier to move, i agree too soft when scrubbing, so i phoned ionics about their new crinkle brush.... they have stopped doing them due to demand!!

i think the top link is for a pack of 4 (at least i am hoping it is!), so i'll pay the £6.50 delivery, putting my old gaz back on until they arrive!

cheers fellas.......

so is the general opinion that the brush will screw directly onto my plastic adjustable goose neck, i thought gaz used to add the cone because the thread was too small?

Davew

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:13:31 pm »
Need a good home for your vikan?

niceandclean

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:44 pm »
The top is the one i have, but in red. I thought the brush screwed straight onto the adjustable gooseneck? Not sure though??

neil100

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 10:38:17 pm »
Gaz added the cone to give the brush extra reach going over sills. Superb.

Nel

gsw

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 10:38:41 pm »
Need a good home for your vikan?

will be when i have sorted things out dave, e mail gsw100@hotmail.com, one owner, non smoker, barely used, i'm sure we can work something out! there will be two available

gsw

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 10:39:26 pm »
Gaz added the cone to give the brush extra reach going over sills. Superb.

Nel

cheers

david thomas

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 08:21:24 pm »
when will a company make a brush with an abrasive edge fitted to the side of the bruush outer frame,you could rub at the bird mess just the same as the side egde of a trad applicator. simple