Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Please help me price this one. (pics)
« on: August 22, 2007, 07:32:03 pm »
All the windows are wodden small square sash. On most of the windows the paint work is ok.

I took 3 pics.

1st= Front of the house
2nd= 1st half of courtyard
3rd=2nd half of courtyard

There are a couple of windows on each end of the house but I forgot to take pics of them.

The job is twice a year inside and out.

Out will be done by wfp.

Any ideas how much to charge?

Matthew
Clear Vision

Clear Vision

Re: Please help me price this one. (pics)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:32:33 pm »

Chris Cottrell

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:50:32 pm »
Thanks chris.

I was thinking of along that lines.

The pictures are Very deceiving especially of the front. It's very high!!!

My pole wouldn't reach comfortably so I would need to invest in one pretty quick. Probably in the region of 40ft

How can you get into all the corners and sides of a sash window?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 07:56:26 pm »
I use a flocked Vikan for these seems to scrub well

Are you sure you need a 40'er? it doesnt look that high

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 08:06:39 pm »

I am Guessing the window cleaning prices are quite cheap where ever you are in the UK. Are the windows individal square panes? if so I would double that price at least . as it is not reg work, I counted over 40 windows is that right? 6 monthly they will be very dirty.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 08:08:24 pm »
On the bottom panes i go accross the window side to side underneath the sash before scrubbing the panes individually,i would do all upstairs window`s with a superlite pole.It`s surprising how good these window`s come up with the pole when if half desent condition far better results than doing them by hand,i do a house very similar to that one and out of all the window`s i normally only have a couple of panes on a couple of bays that milk up a bit,like i say i do a house very similar and i charge £180 for outside only.Price it up as if you`ve got to scrim em all that should make you hike the price up to what it should be,charge any less than that and you`ll be the one getting done not them.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:10:02 pm »
I didn`t know it was only a couple of times a year,if that`s the case you can double my price then.The job i do like that is every 7wks.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 08:14:09 pm »
On the bottom panes i go accross the window side to side underneath the sash before scrubbing the panes individually,i would do all upstairs window`s with a superlite pole.It`s surprising how good these window`s come up with the pole when if half desent condition far better results than doing them by hand,i do a house very similar to that one and out of all the window`s i normally only have a couple of panes on a couple of bays that milk up a bit,like i say i do a house very similar and i charge £180 for outside only.Price it up as if you`ve got to scrim em all that should make you hike the price up to what it should be,charge any less than that and you`ll be the one getting done not them.
Thats a very good point there NWH  ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »

Honestly!

Its very high at the front. The back is fine. I could reach the back with my 18fter facelift.

There are flower beds at the front. There is a basement in the house which you cant really see from the pics. That makes it high!

Clear Vision

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »

Thanks for your advice.  ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 08:19:47 pm »

I am Guessing the window cleaning prices are quite cheap where ever you are in the UK. Are the windows individual square panes? if so I would double that price at least . as it is not reg work, I counted over 40 windows is that right? 6 monthly they will be very dirty.

your not too far out.

There are 50 plus 4 at each end of the house.

Prices are cheap up here in the north of scotland but i'm trying to change that.

I price all my new jobs high from now on and I seem to get them all.

The people who own the house very rich so money wont be a issue. (i hope ;D)

But at the same time I want to give them a fair price that both me and the client are happy with.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 08:20:37 pm »
Have you got a superlite pole or similar Clear Vision,that job would be a peice of pee with that pole.Baffle them with B******* and say that if you do it 4x a year your bring the price down a bit when in reality you won`t,that way two of them cleans has paid for your new superlite.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:09 pm »

I am Guessing the window cleaning prices are quite cheap where ever you are in the UK. Are the windows individual square panes? if so I would double that price at least . as it is not reg work, I counted over 40 windows is that right? 6 monthly they will be very dirty.

your not too far out.

There are 50 plus 4 at each end of the house.

Prices are cheap up here in the north of scotland but i'm trying to change that.

I price all my new jobs high from now on and I seem to get them all.

The people who own the house very rich so money wont be a issue. (i hope ;D)

But at the same time I want to give them a fair price that both me and the client are happy with.
You could always put in a large quote, then say it is this or my hourly rate it can be your choice, how long do you think it will take you? add half that figure on again as 9/10 out of ten something will be a nightmare, if not its a bonus, if working your hourly rate that that is also good as once you have done it once you know the next time will be quicker so it can be win win for you.

Clear Vision

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 08:40:13 pm »
Have you got a superlite pole or similar Clear Vision,that job would be a peice of pee with that pole.Baffle them with B******* and say that if you do it 4x a year your bring the price down a bit when in reality you won`t,that way two of them cleans has paid for your new superlite.

I like that idea!

Where can I get a supalite from?

I have seen them on some suppliers websites but they are wanting near or more than 500quid. Not knocking them as I know they need to charge that but I know you can buy the poles yourself a lot cheaper and make them up on your own.

Jeff b is the man to speak to. JEFF..... you out there???? ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 08:43:58 pm »
try buying a 16m F16 carbon pole and then get a gooseneck & suplite brush & a length of 9mm hose from Gardiners

NWH

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 08:50:19 pm »
Speak to Alan at the anglers imporium,£400 all in inc VAT 01698283903.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 09:00:55 pm »

All in mine cost around £300 (the pole itself was £250)

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 09:10:54 pm »

All in mine cost around £300 (the pole itself was £250)
anyone got any pics on how to make your own pole so the gooseneck fits etc.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 09:15:19 pm »
I have found that if you use an F16 you simply need to cut the No4 section to exactly 99cm then it fits in the Gardiner gooseneck perfectly how you stregthen it afterwards is up to you