This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

2's company
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:10:48 am »
I own a freedom trolley.
(http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=41951.0), this explains my set-up.

Was wondering does anyone out their work in pairs with a trolley system, is it pratical i.e tops pole; bottoms trad.

tried it with a friend and found it. slow and most important unprofitable, mind you i paid him half the takings, heard people say 30% of takings is what you pay your helper.
any advice on this greatly recieved.
Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Re: 2's company
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 11:41:10 am »
I own a freedom trolley.
(http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=41951.0), this explains my set-up.

Was wondering does anyone out their work in pairs with a trolley system, is it pratical i.e tops pole; bottoms trad.

tried it with a friend and found it. slow and most important unprofitable, mind you i paid him half the takings, heard people say 30% of takings is what you pay your helper.
any advice on this greatly recieved.
Lee
if you pay a guy 50% of your takings, you will be working for less than him, think about it, you pay the insurance, tax , car fuel, etc etc. (pay maybe half of what he cleans himself)

Helen

Re: 2's company
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:44:13 pm »
when you get used to this way of working, it can work, but don't expect 2 people to bring in double what one can. Our guys average between £10 and £15 per hour, but that is made up of hourly rate and bonuses and they have to achieve a target figure to get the top rates. If you gave your mate 50% of the takings, for easiness say overall £200, so you gave him £100, on top of that you have to fork out for Employers National Insurance, Employees P & L Insurance, Holiday pay, and general overheads!
If you do this you are probably taking only in the region of 30% yourself of the £200. We work on that if all overheads and staff costs comes to on average 56% then we get 44% for the privilege of employing them. That's us though and obviously others do it differently!