This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

luke johnson
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:12:05 pm »
hi mate  just wondered how things were going now you finally gone wfp are you enjoying not using the ladders anymore ? let us no how things are going on your first few days as im sure it will help others . once they read how good it can be to make the change . :)
where theres muck theres money

NWH

Re: luke johnson
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 11:04:20 pm »
His arms ache so much he can`t even get his hands up to the keyboard. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 06:15:41 pm »
yeah had my first proper go yesterday, no timesaving at all, no spots but two jobs took half the time but because of all the rinsing I was doing overall it took a while. The hardest thing I find is the hose, at one point I pulled out nearly 100m!! the hose at this stage is as time consuming as getting ladders on and off, but I am going to give it time and I should see the time saving! I also used 100m on my first job! so I turned the flow down and ditched the ionics for a mono vikan. I really enjoyed it though, I checked all the jobs afterwards and they had all come up brilliant. I didnt realise the pump would be able to take two men so instead of buying a backpack for two men I got two hose reels!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 06:23:17 pm »
I have a handfull of houses that require the full 100mtrs and there big houses mind,to be honest on the first cleans i reckon you`ll be better off using the cleantechs own focked yellow brush as they retain a lot of water,i wouldn`t worry about it holding dirt to much because on first cleans you have to rinse more anyway.I would use the vikan rectangular for upstairs first cleans as it`s slightly stiffer and moves baked on stuff more easily,after the initial cleans are done that`s when i would move on to the mono brushes for mantainence cleans as they retain less dirt therefore you don`t have to rinse big time,you`ll find certain brushes will suit different jobs.

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 06:26:50 pm »
The hose is an immense pain for about three months. Then its like it vanishes. It becomes so natural, you know where to park, where it will catch etc. You just don't notice it.

Its often easier to move the van than to have all the hose out. Reserve that for where you need to.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 06:27:07 pm »
my jobs are all really clean though because I cleaned the frames trad so it's as if they are maintenance cleans but I am doing loads of rinsing to be sure!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 06:30:55 pm »
I use my three cones to guide the hose around the buildings, I place them on corners and near cars so the hose just slides around, this way I get a slip and slide and a warning sign!! I have also made tennis ball protectors for the ez snap ends so they can be dragged in easily. I have also found it good to bring the end fitting back to the hosereel then wind it all in ( not carrying it all in my hands and heaping it, but bringing it in a u-shape ). I don't find the hose irritating like I thought it would be, just time consuming, Luke

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 06:31:11 pm »
At the start like you say the hose is the biggest pain,it`s amazing how much easier it is once you learn where all those snagging places are.It feels more natural to walk off with the hose than it does with a ladder on your shoulder,not to mention getting it off the van.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 06:33:52 pm »
They won`t be maintenance cleans until you have the window sterile and that means removing all that lovley fairy liquid from the frames,just cos the frames look pretty it don`t mean a thing.Detergent causes spotting and white runs.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 06:39:45 pm »
I think my method of cleaning helps stop spotting

1. Clean frames - avoidng vents
2. Scrub glass hard
3. Go do 1 & 2 to another window
4. Come back to first window and rinse glass only a few times
5. Go to second window and rinse glass

I havent had any spotting so far but they are early days and everything was pvc. Luke

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 06:44:53 pm »
I wouldn`t just go back and rinse i would go back and then just scrub the glass again and then rinse,on the first clean in effect your cleaning the window`s twice.That`s why a lot of guy`s charge double on the first clean,although i would never charge this to a customer i was converting to WFP only newbie customers.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 06:47:09 pm »
on the scrubbing part I have already scrubbed it loads, like really hard all over at least 3 times! Luke

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 07:37:01 pm »
stick to the way you are doing it luke and you will be ok . thats how i used to do my first cleans . not lost one custy since going wfp , took a couple of cleans for custy to get used to diffrent method but if i was to turn up with a ladder the custy wouldnt let me do the windows . ive now been wfp for nearly a year and i luv it . hose will get easy the more you use it . stick with it mate dont let it get you down cause it can when you first start but it all comes good in the end  ;)
where theres muck theres money

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 09:34:52 pm »
thanks, Luke