Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

ripped off
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:59:37 pm »
just got the new window cleaning warehouse catalogue and ive compared the prices with last years guess what its increase after increase on what we use most & decrease on what we use least . come on suppliers give us a break . how do we compensate this rise we start putting our prices up . how do you tell a custy oh by the way thats a £1 extra . its a yearly thing where prices go up but sometimes it can be a bit much how do you feel on this matter ?
where theres muck theres money

brightnclean

Re: ripped off
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:52:48 pm »
Don't buy from them or become a supplier yourself.

I have many years of retail experience behind me and thank God it's behind me. Peope like you must think its dead easy to buy stuff and sell it. Let me tell you there is one H*lluva lot of work goes on in the background that no-one sees for any sizeable retailer nomatter what they are selling.

How can it be a rip-off?  The prices and goods are there for you to see and you decide whether or not to buy. So what if they want to charge you X for Y?  No-one forces you to buy from them. We need suppliers to make a profit so that they can afford the time and money to bring us quality stuff at reasonable prices. WCW are always very competetive as well. They maybe could sell for a little less but after sales service would probably suffer coz they couldnt afford to pay the staff needed for that.

Maybe you should investigate for yourself now much money you would have to invest up front to try and compete with the retailers. I can assure you that you would be very shocked at how much gross profit you would need to make just to break even.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:56:50 pm »
now bend over Dave you naughty boy  ::)

brightnclean

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:02:38 pm »
now bend over Dave you naughty boy  ::)

LOL  ;D  And so he should   :P

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 09:42:04 pm »
i just feel theres a big increase gone on to a lot of products . ive allso stated that theres as been a decrease in prices on the produts that aint widely used . im not saying its easy to supply all im saying is that products we use most of have had the biggest increase so it looks to me like ; the prices on the most common products will go up . im not slagging any company off as i no a company as to have its own source of supply . if they put the prices up then obviouly the increase will get passed on . im not picking window cleaning warehouse out as i would recomend there service & products to any one & if you go through the post & topics you would see this . im not going to stop ordering from them i just think we are being ripped off on the products we buy most of . window cleaning warehouse for me are a good service & its not there fault of the increases made . i worked in production for many years & no its cheap to make products in bulk .

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 11:07:06 pm »
that crazy bot is making trouble again,

this cannot continue

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 03:09:09 am »
that crazy bot is making trouble again,

this cannot continue
lol, maybe you should buy the cheaper products then they may put the other ones down in price, bet you never thought of that one. only jestin have run shops for my dad and retail is a nightmare, if they could give it cheaper they would, maybe the products you use are not there best sellers hence the price increase

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 09:42:42 am »
To be honest I couldn't care less. Most of the stuff I buy seems very cheap anyway and I would rather pay more if that means the suppliers have a viable business and keeps good stock.
Price cutting does nobody any good in the long run.

If I suggested dropping YOUR prices I can guess what the answer would be.

david moss

Re: ripped off New
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 07:31:25 pm »

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 07:58:17 pm »
david moss can you list some of the suppliers so we can all have a look . im not knocking window cleaning ware house as there service is second to none  i just feel on certain items the increase is a bit unfair wheather trad or wfp .

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 08:01:15 pm »
sorry but I did research for 6 months and found wcw to be the cheapest around along with pure reflection but pure reflection didnt offer a tank fitting service, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 08:11:02 pm »
luke you got a adress for pure reflection . and by the way did you manage to sort out your risk assesment i put you a link on last week . like i say im not knocking wcw obviously they get supplied from who ever and have to adjust there prices accordingly just seems to be on the must have items .

david moss

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 08:13:23 pm »
I

dave0123

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »
you do get free delivery these days with window cleaning warehouse tho!

DAVE
Dave.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 08:18:51 pm »
heres pure reflection

http://www.purereflection.co.uk/

wcw are a little cheaper overall though, wcw also run crystal clear, one of Cardiffs biggest wc companies, they clean all the big buildings like the millenium stadium so I'm sure they have a good idea of what is going on because they have the advantage of seeing both sides of the industry. They use carbontecs themselves because there so durable. They have been using wfp for over ten years now for cleaning. They used an ionics to start with then realised that they could build there own for much cheaper, very helpful people with a great range of tools, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 08:27:59 pm »
whats purereflection like??

never heard of them before

Dave
Dave.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 08:30:12 pm »
I think there alright, I dont have any buying experience but I have spoken to the man and hes nice, but wcw are cheaper, Luke

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 08:34:56 pm »
cheers luke

david moss

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 05:35:35 am »

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 12:48:12 pm »
i use both window cleaning wearhouse and also scrim city.co.uk  they are both top players  and some times depending on what you want there prices are diffrent on some things and dear on others i shop between the two