Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

busted

lady window cleaners
« on: August 21, 2007, 06:19:56 pm »
hi there
            are there many of you lady window cleaners about , my daughter is thinking of starting to do some window cleaning  :-\ how do you manage with the poles or do you do trad  :-\  ( i hope you dont think im being funny just trying to help her out)

Re: lady window cleaners
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:42:27 pm »
I think Squeaky can help with this one.  ;D

pylofm

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 07:52:39 pm »
Would that make him a lady-boy then?

Dave.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 07:56:54 pm »
Would that make him a lady-boy then?

Dave.

He winges like one & Tosh dress's like one & they are best mates. Need i say more.  ???

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:24:39 pm »
So what were saying is Squeaky is Tosh and Tosh is squeaky...???

Dave.

jikwan

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 08:40:48 pm »
i would help a lot free of charge.........
if i can have a date
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

jikwan

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:15 pm »
iam single, muscular and very handsome
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

busted

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 09:06:50 pm »
sorry jikwam  not with my daughter  :o >:( :o  she just wants bto start window cleaning not find a new man ....... and what would the wife say :-X :-X

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 09:18:58 pm »
So what were saying is Squeaky is Tosh and Tosh is squeaky...???

Dave.
Now i'm confused  ???.

and what would the wife say :-X :-X

It's ur daughter,  :o

ScrimShady

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 09:22:53 pm »
i am one of those said lady window cleaners!I get on fine with wfp tend not to get up ladders though if i can help it!
its handy for me cause i can work it round school runs and holidays!I would recomend it every time,get a few fixed grinned "really" when i tell people what i do for a living!
let me know if there is anything else i can help with!
Mrs scrim

tacky

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 09:31:15 pm »
my wife works with me .or is it i work for her.anyway we we ar trad . she does bottom windows n the book .i do tops . works well .

catmemy

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 09:37:23 pm »
Hi  This is my first post and I'm interested to know if it's possible for ladies to earn a good living cleaning windows.  I have a small domestic cleaning business and I'm getting asked all the time if I would clean windows outside on a regular basis.  My concern is I don't work as part timer or on a hobby pin money basis.  I need to earn as much money as I can.  I'm thinking of setting up a round on a small estate that I currently have a few domestic cleans on.  Honest replies welcomed from you knowledgeable lot out there please!

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 09:51:39 pm »
My Boss  ;D works for me a couple of days a week, she also cooks does my books for me.
she is registered disabled, but is still capable of earning a decent living, for nine years as a trad cleaner and now she uses the wfp system. and she's 5'1'' all three of my daughters have helped us over the years and still do now and again. go for it.

Hereis a picture of my boss hard at work.

futureclean

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 09:53:09 pm »
hi , i have window cleaned with my husband for 3 years both wfp & trad . pole work is fine as long as you hold & work it right. it also gave some customers some peace of mind knowing that a women was turning up. the only funny looks i had was when i was driving the van (yes we can drive vans as well). now that we employ i dont do it as much but i still help out if needed, the only thing is that when you stop doing it for a while you realise how physical the job is, i probably wont stop altogether i dont fancy having bingo wing arms :) :)

mark dew

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 10:08:47 pm »
There were 2 female wc posting on here last year who work around here(Lowestoft.)
Check out this post. Their username on here is awl. They haven't posted for a while though.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=20933.0

catmemy

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 10:16:18 pm »
Brilliant, thanks for the great replies!!!!
Loved the picture jeff1
Mark Dew thanks for the info, hmmmm I wonder if their lack of new posts means they are soooooooo busy?

I wonder how many female window cleaners are out there?  I've read quite a few posts from male domestic cleaners.........

mark dew

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 10:24:16 pm »
Brilliant, thanks for the great replies!!!!
Loved the picture jeff1
Mark Dew thanks for the info, hmmmm I wonder if their lack of new posts means they are soooooooo busy?

I wonder how many female window cleaners are out there?  I've read quite a few posts from male domestic cleaners.........

Could well be. I lost a job to them a couple of months ago.  ;D
I know the people who went with them and they do a good job. I have seen for myself. I went to see a few weeks ago to pass on some work to them. I dunno if they've taken it on though.
Their email according to their profile is;
millytooly@hotmail.co.uk

catmemy

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 10:32:25 pm »
I might drop them a line.  Good luck to them I say, I love to hear about people being successful by not conforming to the usual stereotype thingy.  I just think hard work, honesty, stamina, resilience and lots of red wine will seem me through.

I've given just given up a very well paid job to try my hands at domestic and a little commercial cleaning.  It's only been a month and so far and I have 5 regular customers.  I need lots more though, thats why I think this site is fantastic if you need to learn things quick or get info.  THANK YOU

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 10:41:16 pm »
My Mrs has been working with me the past 10 years.  To begin with it was a day a week now she's with me all the time.  She feels that it's not her place to go up a ladder, so when we were trad she would do the downs.  Now we're on the poles though she does the lot.  Works with a 12ft pole all day long no probs.  I think you can get 20ft poles at the same weight now.

She does leave me to reel in but I do this when she's collecting and it's not that she can't do it, I'm just faster at it.

She works as well as any man I've worked with and I've worked with a few.  She found it hard when we were starting in the cold winters though, all though we don't have many of them nowadays.

Simon

jouk45

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 10:59:53 pm »
My Boss  ;D works for me a couple of days a week, she also cooks does my books for me.
she is registered disabled, but is still capable of earning a decent living, for nine years as a trad cleaner and now she uses the wfp system. and she's 5'1'' all three of my daughters have helped us over the years and still do now and again. go for it.

Hereis a picture of my boss hard at work.

jeff tell the boss to go easy on the water, lol, tell the boss its a present from me.
give it time to load up

or jeff as usual as the boss does all the hard graft  ;D