This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mustafa

Pressure switch Pump pls help
« on: August 20, 2007, 11:25:56 pm »
Pressure switch Pump broken now i ordered one  and anyone tell me what do i need to do adjust the shut of pressure on pump?

mustafa

Re: Pressure switch Pump pls help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:52:25 pm »

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 02:53:04 pm »
it would help if you worded it correctly

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 02:58:32 pm »
it would help if you worded it correctly

Well I don't know where Mustafa is from but I bet he knows more English than I know of his language.  I see what you mean though as I am struggling to understand as well.  I think he might be asking how to bypass the pressure switch in a pump but I don't know the answer to that one anyway.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 03:26:10 pm »
This might be of some use;

Matching Pump to Hose to Jets.

This is a simple technique which means that you couple together the right specification products to match the output of the pump.

Basically the following setups will be matched allowing you to use just the pump with no form of electronic switching control or external bypass system.

Flojet 60psi pump, with 60 metres of Microbore, 6mm ID pole hose and twin 2mm jets.

Flojet 100psi pump, with 1 or 2x 100 meters or 2x 60 meters of Microbore, 6mm ID pole hose and twin 2mm jets.

Both of the above set-ups will provide a perfect flow rate for WFP work. By either using a control valve on the pole or the end-stop on the hose you will be able activate the pressure switch on the pump when you wish to stop the water flow.

Once you have set-up your system as above you will then be able to 'fine-tune' the pressure switch on your pump (this is not always needed). On the Flojet pump you will need to remove the square plastic cover from over the 2 orange leads, in between the connectors you will see another cross head screw. This screw controls the sensitivity of the pressure switch, tightening the screw increases the pressure at which the pump switches off, loosening the screw will lower the pressure at which the pump switches off. To see if you need to adjust this screw plug your hose reel in (both if using 2) and connect your pole (both if using 2) turn on the pole flow and the pump will start pumping. Turn off your pole flow and if the pump turns off within 1-5 seconds then you do not need to adjust it, if it takes longer then you will need to gradually loosen the screw so that it turns off within 1-5 seconds. Turn on your pole flow again and the pump should start again, now you will need to check that you have not reduced the pressure switch by too much. Your pump should be running constantly with the pole flow on if it cycles (turns on and off every so often) then the switch is set too low and will need tightening gradually. Using this method will ensure that your pump and switch are set to match your system. This will not need doing with all set-ups as some pumps/pressure switches will fit your system set-up as standard.©

This information has been taken from our website's information pages here is the direct link to this page http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/What_pressure_delivery_pump_will_I_need_.html

mustafa

Re: Pressure switch Pump pls help New
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:03:33 am »
sorry guy about my english best i can write english in 3 years any way i come from turkey
 i use 100 psi shurflow pump   swich gone  broken i order another one i fitted 2day but i use a microbore hose     how can i do bypass my pump    i ve got flow control like varistream i put on setting number 3 half way
i only worry about my pump it will do it again?
lol
musti

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:18:11 am »
sorry guy about my english best i can write english in 3 years any way i come from turkey
 i use 100 psi shurflow pump   swich gone naked i order another one i fitted 2day but i use a microbore hose     how can i do bypass my pump    i ve got flow control like varistream i put on setting number 3 half way
i only worry about my pump it will do it again?
lol
musti

Mustafa.  I don't know the answer to your question.  It was easier to understand this time.  The bit that doesn't make sense is where you say the "switch has gone naked.  Naked means having no clothes on.  I assume you mean the switch is broken?

I have just realised what you mean (I think).  Do you mean knackered rather than naked?  Knackered means broken (though it is slang).

I do not have a varistream so I don't know how to help you but maybe someone does.  Is Alex's post any help to you?

MartinB

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:55:54 am »
I suggest you carefully read the instructions with the Varistream & double check the installation. The pressure switch shouldn`t have burnt out if you have a Varistream fitted because it shouldn`t even be connected up.

Fit the new switch and do not connect any of the wires. If you have installed your Varistream correctly it is that which will shut off the pump, not the pressure switch.

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 02:25:34 pm »
He did say he had got flow control like varistream so he could still have pressure switch fitted

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 03:47:52 pm »
The switch stays in place but the wire for it is removed.

mustafa

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 07:16:22 pm »
i did sort it out the problem now thanks away guys

NWH

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 07:20:33 pm »
Well,what was the problem. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

mustafa

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 07:40:08 pm »
it was a pump  i bought another one and i think i put theflow controler to high number 6   i only put number 3 now half way.  cos i use a microbore hose 6mm and 2mm pencil jet i listen the tune of pump cuts off after 5,6 second now.

mustafa

Re: Pressure switch Pump pls help New
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 07:45:21 pm »
thanks 4 your helps everyone :D ;)