This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

split relay or not?
« on: August 20, 2007, 10:57:42 am »
Hi all,

I am getting a wfp van mount, and need to know about a split replay.

Do I need one or not please give a reason with your answer as a yes or no does not really help. Many thanks

ronnie paton

Re: split relay or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 11:20:01 am »
I would say most defo yes!!

I didnt have one at first and if you are doing a job were your parked up for a long time your battery is prone to die on you so you either leave it running unoccupied or ring the rac!!

After i got a split relay done (which is very easy) never had a problem

Llaaww

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:08:11 pm »
split relay is rally cool I fitted one a couple of months ago and haven,t had a problem with it. before that I needed to take the battery out and charge it in the house(heavy).
if it is dirty it is fair game

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:19:10 pm »
I would say most defo yes!!

I didnt have one at first and if you are doing a job were your parked up for a long time your battery is prone to die on you so you either leave it running unoccupied or ring the rac!!

After i got a split relay done (which is very easy) never had a problem
thanks for the reply's.

If was thinking of getting a spare battery for the wfp sys, or maybe I should have 2 with a split reply what do you think to that idea?

Llaaww

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:13:14 pm »
I have a leisure battery in the back of the van that charges when the van is running. the main starter battery just does its thing as normal.
 with the split relay that I have I can also run a fridge which is handy for keeping the tinnies cool on those long hot summer days 8) (if we ever have any :-\)
if it is dirty it is fair game