This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Letter to existing x12 weekly customers
« on: August 19, 2007, 07:31:11 pm »
Hi All,

I now operate on an 8 weekly cycle... However I have about 14 customers who are still on a x12 weekly cycle - These are left over from my startup days, where I would take any client on on their terms - Those days are long gone now!  ;)

What do you think of this letter which I'm going to post to the x12 weekly customers?

--
RE: Window Cleaning

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your continued custom in using our window cleaning services.

So as to continue offering a regular and efficient service to all of our valued customers we have found it necessary to change each customer to an 8 weekly cleaning cycle.

We look forward to continuing to offer a reliable service to you. However, if you feel that you do not require an 8 weekly service then please feel free to contact us using the details listed.

Kind Regards,

Andy Hiscock
Southern Cleaning Services
--

neil100

Re: Letter to existing x12 weekly customers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:25:01 pm »
If it was me I would not send a letter, I would speak with them face to face and tell them my reasons.

Its easier to say NO to a letter and its so informal.

Nel

LWC

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 08:30:32 pm »
where I would take any client on on their terms - Those days are long gone now!  ;)

well maybe say it to their face if you stil wanted to keep them, by the sounds of it he can take it or leave it. its great when ya get there, someone came to the door the other day and wouldnt tell me what was wrong...i was there for like 5 mins saying whats up? and he was going ermmmm, ermmmm. i was like go on. "i dont like the way you clean the windows" i was like fair enough not a problem and just got in the van and drove off. i dont stand there waiting for them to say something, if they dont like it, fine! theres plenty more out there!

simbo

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 08:11:45 pm »
love it, you just cannot win. i know for a fact that most cleaners around here  run  a 4 weekly round but it would be pointles for me as they would still be spotless. for me its the best value clean they will ever get and if its not good enough for them bye bye then, i must add if done properly that is
simbo

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 09:30:12 pm »
Hi All,

I now operate on an 8 weekly cycle... However I have about 14 customers who are still on a x12 weekly cycle - These are left over from my startup days, where I would take any client on on their terms - Those days are long gone now!  ;)

What do you think of this letter which I'm going to post to the x12 weekly customers?

--
RE: Window Cleaning

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your continued custom in using our window cleaning services.

So as to continue offering a regular and efficient service to all of our valued customers we have found it necessary to change each customer to an 8 weekly cleaning cycle.

We look forward to continuing to offer a reliable service to you. However, if you feel that you do not require an 8 weekly service then please feel free to contact us using the details listed.

Kind Regards,

Andy Hiscock
Southern Cleaning Services
--
As nike would say "just do it"
if you lose a few does it really matter that much, you will still have about the same amount of work and still get the same money or more in less time over the year, I send my customers letters most years with a change or two some will moan a little but that business for you, things change, dont tell them and they have every right to moan and cancel keep them informed of charge they get used to it as long as you dont take the p=== (will not name the phone company starting with B) they do it all the time, they are still working ok.

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:41:28 pm »
Hi Andy back from holiday now.

I have only the odd one or 2 who are 12 weekly and prob same amount occasional (mostly 'friends') Recently (Feb) restructured complete round  - pricing and regularity getting most 4 - 6 weekly. I have quite a few that I'm happy to do 8 weeks. Back to your question. I agree with other comments - speak to them and explain. That will come over more sincere and you can explain reasons and deal with any questions. If you keep them on at 12 weeks it needs to be worth it. Hope this helps.

Speak soon

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:02:49 am »
Maybe put in a paragraph that says -

"Some of my customers are 4 weekly, some are 8 weekly and others like you are 12 weekly. To dovetail everything together and to improve efficiency I am now simply offering four and eight-weekly service to all, I hope you understaned."

This might encourage them to think - well, I never, I must be a real dirty cow when some folk are having it done monthly.
It's a game of three halves!

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 12:05:47 am »
Maybe put in a paragraph that says -

"Some of my customers are 4 weekly, some are 8 weekly and others like you are 12 weekly. To dovetail everything together and to improve efficiency I am now simply offering four and eight-weekly service to all, I hope you understaned."

This might encourage them to think - well, I never, I must be a real dirty cow when some folk are having it done monthly.

Thanks for the suggestion... But I only offer 8 week cleans on domestics. :)

Andy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 12:08:37 am »
Same with me, but hopefully the customers will draw the inference that they are lucky only to have go to 8 - weekly and not 4 weekly!
It's a game of three halves!

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 12:13:40 am »
I'd just say sorry, I cannot fit you in for a 12 weekly clean and that'd be it.

I'd explain briefly how I work, the logistics of it all and if they decide to change to 4  weekly or 8 weekly, well and good but if not, sorry.

I wouldn't try to justify myself and I am not a heartless window cleaner but I have bills to pay just as the customer does.

Cheers
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 08:57:47 am »
Hi Andy, why have you decided to do 8 weekly rather than Monthly or 6weekly or as most seem to do a choice of 4 or 8? I am asking as I am thinking of changing my round to 6 weekly as I now have customers on 4, 6, 8 and 12 weekly which is a bit of a pain sometimes. Perhaps 8 is the way to go for me to as it will not be so difficult to get everyone to change to the new frequency, although I do like my 4 weekly cleans as they are so quick and easy!