This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

HOW DO I TURN MY SYSTEM INTO A HOT WATER SYSTEM??
« on: August 19, 2007, 03:54:07 pm »
What would I need to buy to turn my system into a hot water system, I have a 500ltr tank and purify onboard using di. Thanks for your help, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

Re: HOW DO I TURN MY SYSTEM INTO A HOT WATER SYSTEM??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »
I think omnipole do it for around 1000-£1500,or so i`ve been told.If you find out let me know.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 04:17:14 pm »
wow! is there a cheaper way, I might consider that after no other options but I doubt I could persuade my dad that hot water would be worth the cost! luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 04:25:27 pm »
Look on E-bay there is a 300ltr thermopure system for sale in a fiat doblo van,small tank but good for someone looking to start WFP and wanting to go down the hot route.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:31:47 pm »
too late I already have my van and system and that isnt enough water! Luke

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 05:28:29 pm »
Why do you need to turn it into a hot water system? ive been cleaning now nearlly 5 years wfp done every window,door,cladding,roof all with cold water why the need for hot?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 05:42:12 pm »
please don't ask why!!! I just want to try it out initially for a reasonable price then I can conclude if it is worth it or not! Luke

LWC

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 05:46:47 pm »
why?

LOVEme

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 05:48:54 pm »
Well I am not a WFP user myself but someone I know uses this site a lot and is very happy with the company

http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/WATER_HEATERS.html

hope this helps you luke, as you seem a nice chap  :)

TOM

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 05:54:20 pm »
The only reason i asked why is that if you have a cold water set up your plastic fittings may not be good enough to put hot water through thats all but hey go give it at try

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »
Shouldn`t be a problem with static water,that heater has an element similar to a kettle it goes in through the lid of your static tank.You would have to check the pump though,i think the shurflo is ok up to70 degrees some pumps are not designed to work with hot water.

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 07:07:23 pm »
The only reason i asked why is that if you have a cold water set up your plastic fittings may not be good enough to put hot water through thats all but hey go give it at try
easyclean, heres an avitar if you want it

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 08:37:53 pm »
hey jo looks good thanks my friend i did email you back cheers

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 09:18:39 pm »
but how will I produce hot water onboard? would it be better to heat the tank or just water as it passes through a pipe to the brush? Luke

NWH

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 09:20:33 pm »
If you was to insulate your van tank after putting water in from a static it would stay hot-warm.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 10:11:21 pm »
just put a stove underneath your tank  sorry luke im curious to find out WHY ? i reckon warm water will help with the grime & bird poo but what about in the cold wont it crack the glass? could you explain what you are trying to do by having hot / warm water on board  WHY WHY WHY ?
where theres muck theres money

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 10:46:32 pm »
wont it crack the glass?

Crack the glass are you crazy,

you'd have to be pouring boiling hot water on the frozen glass, that only happens on old old old garage windows because they dont have heating, and when your water is boiling, i dont think you will be able to get it from a tank through some hose up a pipe, through the air, and onto the glass, with it still being hot.

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 10:43:21 am »
you may want to see if your tank will hold hot water first, when water is heated it has a bigger volume do to thermal expansion(the tank you have may fill to the brim if it does you are asking for trouble) .

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 11:05:30 am »
i only asked if it would crack the glass    i didnt state that it wolud crack it  bit of a diffrance in asking & stating  as for being crazy i wont even go there
where theres muck theres money