This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rmrobs1990

missed a window at the back of a house
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:07:46 pm »
hi i missed a window at the back of a house to day and my boss come in and gave me comlete grief and thretened to sack me, and so what would be your opinion?

Im justed baffled  ???

NWH

Re: missed a window at the back of a house
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 10:10:07 pm »
Did you miss it by mistake that is the question,if anyone works for me i say don`t forget there are 4 sides to a house.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:14:36 pm »
hi i missed a window at the back of a house to day and my boss come in and gave me comlete grief and thretened to sack me, and so what would be your opinion?

Im justed baffled  ???
How many times have you done this house before?

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:15:10 pm »

Im justed baffled  ???

If it was a mistake on your behalf call his bluff & don't go in Monday morning.
When he calls to find out where you are just say " i thought i was sacked."  ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:29 pm »
I have got a lad who misses the odd window , dont know if he is trying it on or just plain daydreaming.

m.b.s.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 10:21:40 pm »
if it was a frosted window and it wasent that bad i would not of gon mad with you even if it wasent a frosted window i still wouldnot have gone mad just sent you on monday to redo without pay unless it was a genuine mistake we have all done it especially if somethink has took your mind off the job ie will you do my windows /would you like a cup of tee /can i pay you im off out ectect

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:25:06 pm »

Im justed baffled  ???
If it was an honest mistake then tell your boss that, if you was trying to work quicker and skip he has every right as hes the one that gets the hassle from the customer if you dont do the job correctly. (I have sacked someone for doing it as makes my company look bad) 1 neg comment spread around is not good for any business)  whoever the person was that said dont go in (DO NOT LISTEN) just say you made a mistake, that is if you want your job..

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:25:22 pm »
I've done windows twice!  ??? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:26:07 pm »
I had a bloke that missed window`s on houses every week i have now finally found out after 3 months,it`s funny when you sack someone that`s when you find out what the customers really thought of them,there reluctant to give you an honest opinion when there still working for you.A lot of customers don`t like you changing your staff all the time,they like to know the job is getting done properly without having to go round checking.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 10:27:19 pm »
I've done windows twice!  ??? ;D
love that pic malc..

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 10:30:59 pm »
I had a bloke that missed window`s on houses every week i have now finally found out after 3 months,it`s funny when you sack someone that`s when you find out what the customers really thought of them,there reluctant to give you an honest opinion when there still working for you.A lot of customers don`t like you changing your staff all the time,they like to know the job is getting done properly without having to go round checking.
I always check up, every week in a different area, staff are paid to do there job, they would not like it if a customer cancels (say a £10 p/m) and I took out £130 of there wage. If it was an honest mistake then sure we all do this sometimes, go back to the customer yourself and say sorry. You boss will no you are being honest. If you done it to try and save time then you should do you job in the correct manner that you are paid for. He should be ok by monday, sometimes a boos has other pressures and a complaint does not help, you never know he may say sorry to you for going off on one.

colley614

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 07:52:25 am »

To be honest I believe it was a genuine mistake for you to come on here and ask for advice on the situation. The best thing to do is to tell your boss that it was an accident and you will rectify the situation ( Personally I wouldn't say sorry to anyone threatening me with my job for a petty reason) . I have a young lad with me and if he missed a window I wouldn't threaten him with his job or give him grief if I knew it was a genuine accident, But he would get a little stick for it  ;D not being nasty just a bit of banter, I mean come on I forgot to get the scrims out the tumble dryer the other day, Did I threaten myself?

Ian Rochester

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 07:58:50 am »
I'd offer to go back and clean the missed window, mistakes happen, we are not robots, my staff understand that if someone rings to complain about something then we go back and rectify it as soon as possible.

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 08:01:30 am »
We have all done it and like David in St Ives I have done windows twice. Often with WFP I start daydreaming and lose track of which ones I have done ( old age setting in).
When you are doing a number of similar houses on the run its all too easy.

Then you drive two miles to the next house only to find you left your pole behind.

colley614

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 08:08:05 am »
We have all done it and like David in St Ives I have done windows twice. Often with WFP I start daydreaming and lose track of which ones I have done ( old age setting in).

Then you drive two miles to the next house only to find you left your pole behind.

Yeah. I've done things like that a few times.

Questions I've asked myself this year are:- "Were is my....."

Bucket
Scrim
Ladders
Scrapper
Unifrom
Pole

Anyone ever forgot their Employee. That would be a laugh. :D 

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 08:14:30 am »
Threatening the sack for that seems petty if there have been no other issues.  I'm a sole trader and it's more directly in my interests to enssure work is done properly - yet I've missed the odd window sometimes due to my mind being elsewhere.  It's easy to do in error if there are other distractions.  Only last week I missed two windows on a job because the (new) customer was following me around and rabbiting in my ear.  He pointed them out to me as well.  I was rushing to try and get away from the rabbiting.

Helen

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 11:42:44 am »
Perhaps your boss was having a bad day! yes employers get them too, ther are not just for employees ;D Have a word before you start  on Monday and apologise for the missed window and say it won't happen again. Just make sure it doesn't. and you should be ok

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 12:07:26 pm »
RMRobs

Where are you located ?

Dave

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 04:06:19 pm »

Yeah. I've done things like that a few times.

Questions I've asked myself this year are:- "Were is my....."

Bucket
Scrim
Ladders
Scrapper
Unifrom
Pole

Anyone ever forgot their Employee. That would be a laugh. :D 
LOL I try and forget one of them and he always reappears as if by magic

groundhog

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 05:45:21 pm »
What do you expect if you don't do your job properly, if you clean a house methodically it is virtually impossible to miss a window!! My advice is this - DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!  ;)