Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

Re: Gutter-Vac - What a Laugh!!
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 12:39:09 am »
and the company, never thought to remove the tree if that was the obstruction, am sure they did not do the job right ,  £300 %%%% me , it makes me angry the customers that fall for the cowboys,

rosskesava

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 12:43:43 am »
Also my days on ladders are over. I've spent my life on them & it's
taken it toll on me, i'm getting old. LOL

Yup. Me too. Although I've havn't spend my life just a good few years. Wfp the tops and trad the downstairs and if they don't like it - there's other customers who'll be quite happy.

As for a 3 extention ladder and doing gutters, nope. Not anymore. Lance or not. Doing gutters may be high priced work but for me, I prefer the sedate life. A nice easy bungalow and a good price.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 02:02:48 am »
and the company, never thought to remove the tree if that was the obstruction, am sure they did not do the job right ,  £300 %%%% me , it makes me angry the customers that fall for the cowboys,

"Yes did it from floor level" how  you clean  it from floor level i will never know (you cant see if its empty from the floor. Can you?. People get sold, and then ripped off sometimes.

Try to never do a job thats underpriced just to get the job, unless it benifits you in the long run.

I use a pole and a gutter thing I got a while back (it works as long as there are not cross supports every 10 inches (if there is its glove and bang and many times up the ladder)

hes the link for the gutter attachment:
http://scrimcity.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=453&oscsid=d94e0eed8f62c2ff547e7a944c3f8198

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 10:14:24 am »
Ross, that's what i use, not a problem.

Clean the gutters in meter sections to the down pipe. Holding the lance at about 30degree angle & slightly in front of you.

Macc
You should not be washing the crap from the gutters down the downpipe, this could end up making the problem far worse!! ;D
A method that I have used is to block up the down pipe with a cloth (so no debris go down there!) then take the end stop off the end of the guttering I then put a hose up at the other end and turn it on so that the water flows down it and falls out of the end I have removed, I place a large bucket underneath to catch the worse of the crap, I then rod the gutter through using drain rods with a bung and cloth on the end, an old unger pole would work . Works well for me! ;)

poles apart

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 11:12:56 am »
There is an attachment on the Gutter Keeper (see http://www.upkeeper.com/gutterkeeper.html) that blows out the downpipe from the ground and at the same time you can vacuum from the top!
Rod

neil100

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 02:42:59 pm »
I clean windows wfp. I also clean the odd house trad with my ladder where I know wfp will not do a good job. My choice.

Wfp Keeps me safe I know. But I am not afraid to go up a ladder. I would not want to clean trad full time. Same applies cleaning gutters.

I dont use a Lance. I will clean gutters out trad method useing my ladders. I charge a high price for the service, I earn a better rate per hour then w/c. I know the gutters are clean. I test when finished that the water drains away, If their are other problems such as leaking joints I offer to fix them for a price while my ladders are out.

The lance can do a job but its not for me. I preffer the trad way. I will not clean gutters on a  3 storey house though. That is one area that a Lance can make someone a lot of money.

For me I make my money on windows. I still will clean the odd gutter job, But I dont know for how much longer.

Nel.

SparklingWC

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 03:20:00 pm »
how do you all price up gutter cleaning then? (traditional methods)
just, it is something i am prepared to do if i am asked to do it. just would like to know how to price up the work.

billozz

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 05:31:09 pm »
I have a petrol power washer & pole with getter attachments from Northern Tools.

Fantastic bit of kit, cleans the down pipe out & all the gutter no problem even if full. I've had it over a year now so i've got it down to a fine art now. Very little comes over but what does is only a quick rince & the only time i go up the ladder is to check the gutters are clean like new.

The best bit, i'm not risking my neck cleaning the gutters by hand up a ladder & it's 10x quicker & the getters look like they have been polished.

'You can't beat the old methods can you' ;

Yes you can mate, invest in equipment that does the job.  ;)
macc would you please post a link to the items that you bought , i have been onto the northern tools website and think i can see the items you mean but which washer did you go for
thanks
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

DASERVICES

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 06:01:48 pm »
I've gone for the upkeeper after seeing it at the Cleaning Show and after speaking  to someone on this forum. Due to get it next month so will give an honest review.

Doug

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 06:10:26 pm »
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200314015_200314015
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200314015_200314015

I have a petrol power washer & pole with getter attachments from Northern Tools.

Fantastic bit of kit, cleans the down pipe out & all the gutter no problem even if full. I've had it over a year now so i've got it down to a fine art now. Very little comes over but what does is only a quick rince & the only time i go up the ladder is to check the gutters are clean like new.

The best bit, i'm not risking my neck cleaning the gutters by hand up a ladder & it's 10x quicker & the getters look like they have been polished.

'You can't beat the old methods can you' ;

Yes you can mate, invest in equipment that does the job.  ;)
macc would you please post a link to the items that you bought , i have been onto the northern tools website and think i can see the items you mean but which washer did you go for
thanks
Bill

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 06:15:14 pm »
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200058024_200058024

Their number is: 0800 169 2266. Phone them & they will send
A cataolue.

Macc

NWH

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 06:18:46 pm »
Gutter vac lol,cleaning gutters now theres a job which requires ladders,i know someone that`s got one and at the moment he`s hunting round for his receipt to see if they`ll take it back.

DASERVICES

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 06:35:51 pm »
Gutter vac lol,cleaning gutters now theres a job which requires ladders,i know someone that`s got one and at the moment he`s hunting round for his receipt to see if they`ll take it back.

Omnipole or Ionics

NWH

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 06:47:48 pm »
Ionics.

DASERVICES

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »
Ionics.

:o :o

Any chance of getting him to give me a bell or forward us his details before I put pen to paper. Contact details on my website , click on the icon.

Thanks

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 08:54:55 pm »
Omnipole do a Gutter-spike to fit on their Power-Pole which allows you to spike out tough obstructions and then carry on using the vac. Does it work? I do not know.

poles apart

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 09:09:18 pm »
Perhaps he couldn't carry it up the ladder! ::)

NWH

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 09:21:35 pm »
You are joking. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

poles apart

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 09:28:13 pm »
When did he buy it?