This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

confused with ro flush valve
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:13:23 pm »
ive just been having a close look at the flush valve it says drain and flow which is the way i turn the tap and to flush it out please reply cheers

TERRY AB

Re: confused with ro flush valve
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 08:59:04 pm »
If you let us know exactly which system you use it would be easier to give you an answer, or even better a pic.
Normally the valve would be turned in the direction which creates higher waste water (i.e. drain), as the system is flushing the membranes out, therefore producing no or almost no product water.
Turning the valve in the direction of flow should constitute more product water, drain less.
Hope this helps. Terry

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 09:24:14 pm »
This might help??
Normal water production position.

Flush position.

m.b.s.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:05:37 pm »
this dose help cheers just that if i put it to drain less wast is produced and more pure put it to flush more wast lot more wast about 1/2 pure thought i had it right just i thought drain was flush and flow was making pure for some reason the sticker is wrong cheers

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:12:31 pm »
In the flush Position it says water flow direction, this can be confusing, if your ever unsure just check the flow rate of your waste, if you have it set to flush the waste will be much higher.

m.b.s.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 10:17:01 pm »
yes thanks it dose say water flow so if it is in that direction it is flushing the membrain then just that i got a spider in my ro that was blocking the water flow and i could not remember the way the tap should be but like you said i checked the wast pipe to see how much was comming out so i got it right god knows how the spider got in

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:19:01 pm »
Only way in for him is the mains water.
Glad your all sorted now.

m.b.s.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:27:11 pm »
must have been in hose when fitted all together as it never comes off the garden tap or ro unit

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 11:41:11 pm »
If you let us know exactly which system you use it would be easier to give you an answer, or even better a pic.
Normally the valve would be turned in the direction which creates higher waste water (i.e. drain), as the system is flushing the membranes out, therefore producing no or almost no product water.
Turning the valve in the direction of flow should constitute more product water, drain less.
Hope this helps. Terry
think your website has jumped down a little, the top logo and the rest looks doubled, hope this helps, like the name by the way.

best wishes

Ian

Elgin Sparrowhawk

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 05:49:36 pm »
Hope this helps. Terry
think your website has jumped down a little, the top logo and the rest looks doubled, hope this helps, like the name by the way.

best wishes

Ian
How rood to hijack someones post, the poor guy is asking about an RO-System, not someone else's website ::)