This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

luke johnson
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:27:01 pm »
how did you get on with the ionics brush you bought off of ebay just tried mine yesterday jets seem to be on the thick side and uses lots of water what did you think

Captain Scarlet

Re: luke johnson
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:37:19 pm »
well I used it for the first time yesterday with my system, I found it great. It scrubbed the glass and frames really well. I also have the new monofilament vikan, I think the ionics pff ebay is better, apparently you can put araldite in the jet holes and put an oiled pin into it, this makes smaller jets, hope this helps, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:41:35 pm »
yes i found it a good brush to say i havent used a wfp before did you do any think to the jets i was thinking of getting some 2mm jets and drilling at the side of them and fit the 2mm and use them insted

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:43:38 pm »
the things is, they seems like chunky jets but when you look at the hole it is only 2mm, so maybe it is some sort of illusion! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 08:46:49 pm »
can i just ask how much water did you use on your first job and how many windows did it have and do you have a veriestream controller

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 08:49:22 pm »
I don't know how much water I used, and the property had around 30 panes with a very large conservetorie and I do have a varistream, Luke

NWH

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 09:01:41 pm »
I have re-jetted my ionics brush and it`s 100% better,the jets are about an inch in from each end of the brush.With a mono brush the outer bristles must be constantly wet when in use i find in order to clean the edges of the glass effectivley,before with the jets close together towards the middle of the brush the edges were staying to dry making the brush under perform.The vikan mono rectagular would also be a better brush with wider jets.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 09:08:15 pm »
I noticed that the new Vikan has similar placed jets very far from the outer edges, did you talk to ionics NWH? Luke

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 09:12:41 pm »
Not as yet Luke,but if i do get another 1 of those brushes i would only want it if it`s unjetted.Those jets like Alex said use far to much water,to be honest i think there only fitted with those jets because they look better on the brush,there certainly not designed for water saving.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 09:15:58 pm »
one good thing about the jets is that they make an opening in the middle bristles, otherwise the water wouldnt be able to reach the glass, so if you re jetted it you would need to put similar style jets in, Luke

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 09:24:24 pm »
Not at all,when you re-jet drill your hole through the top of the brush and insert jet ie tap in with a hammer,part bristles so you can see the jet through the bristles.Take some pliers and pull out bristles inline with the new jet until you can see that you have a clear enough path for the water to pass through without catching on bristles,the ionics brush has so many bristles i pulled quiet a lot out after re-jetting and it looks like i`ve hardly touched it.