This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

conyclean

yellow pages
« on: August 16, 2007, 07:08:50 pm »
does anyone advertise in the yellow pages and if so did you notice a diferance from not doing so?

Re: yellow pages
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:26:39 pm »
yes i do. to be honest i get about two calls a week now for conv roofs so for me it works

conyclean

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 09:00:50 pm »
they called me today and quoted £300 for a 4" add. think i'll give it a miss.

SparklingWC

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:17:25 pm »
if anyone is after a website for advertising, i do some web deisgn and it is possible to have the whole thing up and running for 2 years for about £6. and that is for the domain. i dont know any advanced web design - but am going to college soon, so if anyone wanted a more advanced website i could use it as a project (with oyur permission) if i dont make one for myself as a project. but anyways.
the offer is open. just let me know.

as people have saide,
£300 for a yelllow pages advert for a few months. or £6 for 2 year online advertising.

seems a  no brainer to me, except, you may lose out on elderly customers who cant sue the computer or those without the internet - but still, its cheaper and much more effective.

Calum.

colley614

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:14:46 pm »

To be fair to Yellow Pages, they phoned me up and asked me basically the same as they asked you. I said " Yes." Then they said " We will give you a free listing on yell.com for now until your fully listing comes out. Just from the free listing I've had £600 a year in work. So I can complain really, I'm considering it for my first 2 years in trading and then I will re assess the situation.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 10:45:39 pm »
I've had a number of enquiries via Yellow Pages.  Most of them come to nothing as I live in an area where many of the properties are designed with poor access.  However, I am currently doing 3 pretty good jobs that I got through them and three reasonable ones.  The money earned from those jobs is a lot more than the ads cost.
My main gripe is that those directories are a magnet for telesales callers.