This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

I AM WFP FINALLY!!!!
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:32:29 pm »
Got my wfp system fitted yesterday, 500ltr 2 man system. Thanks for all your help everybody and I'll post a picture soon. A big thanks also to Steve at the Window Cleaning Warehouse!!!! I did a job straight after having it fitted and I probably did it in half the time it would have taken with trad. I did loads of rinsing and the job came up lovely! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Re: I AM WFP FINALLY!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:35:04 pm »
well done LUKE, i am very jealous still waiting for mine :(

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:37:14 pm »
oh great! I also got 2 17ft xtel glass fibres, they are brilliant, they are nice and short and also very stiff compared to my preditor 18ft which I got free with my 25ft pro long. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

clean

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:39:09 pm »
Luke where did you get the xtels from and how much cheers  ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 06:43:20 pm »
I got the xtels from Window Cleaning Warehouse with my system, go here I cant quite remember the price  ;)

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/wcw/ecommerce/index.php

I know they do them cheaper than anybody else, Steve did tell me how much I was saving on some other companies but I cant remember how much but it was a considerable amount.

clean

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 06:45:57 pm »
Thanks Luke,
i have looked on Gardiners website and they are £93 all in including vat and p&p same price as cleaningspot,but thats with no brush as i already have a few  :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 06:47:23 pm »
Steve said they do them cheaper than the others so phone up! Luke

clean

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 06:50:34 pm »
Cheers Luke will do  ;)

brightnclean

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 07:50:18 pm »
Nice one on getting going with WFP young Jedi  :p

It's the best move you will ever make and with your enthusiasm (And Endlessssss number of posts)  :)  you should do very well.

Just 1 thing that really gets me going about forums though is the seemingly terrible double standards displayed by some ppl. Like the Steve says its cheaper from us than anywhere else stuff off we all go there and buy just coz we might save a few quid. All the suppliers worth their salt are within a few pounds of each other on this or that item. I know you are young and enthusiastic Luke.. nowt wrong with that mate but in business you build relationships with both customers AND suppliers to your own benefit. If you show a bit of loyalty you will reap benefits wirth more than a couple of quid you might save buying somewhere else. Wait until you are in the proverbial one day. If the suppliers see you as a "shopper" and I know they do know the loyal and the "get it cheapest" brigade you stand far less chance of getting sorted out quickly. A loyal customer will get the preferential treatment any day and it could save you £100's in lost work

We all bleat about how we treat our disloyal custies.. dump them.. put up the price if they wanna come back etc because we feel it hurts us. It's swings and roundabouts..  the WFP suppliers know and appreciate loyalty. 

Anyway rant over mate. All the best to you Luke.. Go get em boy!!! :)

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:37 pm »
Well done Luke ;D

Sorry to be negative but............First WFP job and already half the time it took trad????

Yer gonna get spots ol bud.

First clean should take at least as long as trad, maybe a little longer. You gotta scrub those frame and get all the dirt off.

Bob

Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 07:58:56 pm »
bod, i dont know about you but I have only been trad 6 months anyway so I'm not fast to start with! so wfp really makes a big difference, I don't know how to do fancy squeege things just horizontal and verticals!! Luke

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:02:25 pm »
Ok Bud

Didnt want you to run before you could walk with the system ;). Good luck anyway.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 08:07:55 pm »
After reading all the post on here I have realised the importance of rinsing alot on first cleans so what I did was scrub all the frames and glass really well then came back when it had finished dripping and just rinsed the glass 6-7 times on each pane. Because it was a family friend I hung around to wait to see what it looked like in the corners and to make sure there was no spotting, they came up brilliant! I was shocked how quick it took despite all the rinsing and scrubbing, Luke

brightnclean

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:09:49 pm »
LOL  Luke.  You crack me up :)

Get out and learn to use a squeegee properly mate. horizontal and verticals with a squeegee will leave "drag lines" No wonder ur faster with WFP  lol.

A tip for you Luke.  Get a good make of squeegee channel and use SOFT rubbers in it. Swap the rubber round half way through the day so you have a nice new edge and you will soon learn. Oh and to start with overdo the detergent in your solution.. Nooo not fairy liquid!! Squeegee off is rather good. This will give you plenty of slip for your squeegee especially if you make ur mixture up using pure water.

Cmon young Jedi.. become a proper window cleaner..  lol  :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 08:14:07 pm »
brighnclean, I use gg3 and I dont leave streaks because I cross over each squeege off! I had just got to the point when I could do the fanning while only leaving 2 or 3 wet patches but now I'm wfp I won't be practising anymore apart from indoors and the occasional window :) "Luke I am your father"

Highrise

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 08:15:43 pm »
Luke, How did you get on with the Prolong pole?.... Any good
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 08:18:24 pm »
I havent used it for wc yet but I used it to clean my van with pure water today, came up brillaint ( couldnt use xtels caus they both have monofilaments and would sratch the paint ). i think it will be a good pole though! If you do get one dont order the gooseneck, get the gooseneck from Gardiners, Luke

brightnclean

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 08:27:20 pm »
brighnclean, I use gg3 and I dont leave streaks because I cross over each squeege off! I had just got to the point when I could do the fanning while only leaving 2 or 3 wet patches but now I'm wfp I won't be practising anymore apart from indoors and the occasional window :) "Luke I am your father"

Oh b*gger!!  I leave at least 5 or 6 wet patches :(

Dont stop practicing Luke.  U WILL miss out on a lot of well paying work if u are not good with a squeegee. I can tell you want to go for it Luke. You endless thirst for knowledge re WFP tells me this. Remember though you need to be a good all rounder to make the most of every business opportunity.

Now.. stop arguing and do as ur told!!  lol  Sighh the youngsters of today eh lads?   :)  ;)

Highrise

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 08:27:31 pm »
I have just orded one with the free pole , what is your free pole like....
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:35 pm »
thanks brightandclean! will carry on practising! Luke