This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Invoicing via e-mail?
« on: August 16, 2007, 04:49:46 pm »

Does anybody do it? Just been asked to send them via e-mail and I've never heard of this before. Always paid for letter headed paper and snail mailed them.

Alex Gardiner

Re: Invoicing via e-mail?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 05:06:46 pm »
Yes, we have.  Just recently had a company say they were trying to go 'paperless' so could we email our invoices in future.  Seemed very strange but it worked OK!

Mrs A

colley614

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 05:08:47 pm »

Cool, just done one now for a company. Do you attach your letter head to the invoice?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 05:17:51 pm »
We have all of our invoices on Word documents and send these as emails (File - Send to- Mail Recipient).

colley614

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 05:20:07 pm »

Its got me thinking now. I may do this for all my big firms that I do work for. That would save me a small fortune.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 06:00:11 pm »
If we send any invoice we always email  it, if they want a printed invoice it costs them the fees (or we combine in the price we charge) snail mail or instant delivery speaks for it's self.

craig jwc

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 06:07:10 pm »
Always sent invoices by e-mail.

So much easier and quicker.

Once you have an invoice made up for someone all you have to do is alter the date the next time round.

AJ

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 12:24:21 pm »
when you send invoices by email you can request a 'reciept' so you know they have recieved it, instead of waiting for your cheque for 28days and getting the old "Oh, really, well we haven't recieved it, could you send us another one" routine.

colley614

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 06:16:25 pm »

That really annoys me. I've been getting that from a company since June. Yesterday they called me and wanted to quadruple my work load withe them. I told the no, not until the accounts are up to date. The work is due again next week and if I'm not paid then I won't be doing anything. B.A.C.S. payment Monday!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 08:39:50 am »
I email some of my invoices.  I normally print out invoices from my computer with a word processor document mailmerging from a database.  I then convert the document to a .pdf file and attach it to the email.  Using .pdf ensures it can be read at the other end in case they have different software from you.

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 03:36:09 am »
when you send invoices by email you can request a 'reciept' so you know they have recieved it, instead of waiting for your cheque for 28days and getting the old "Oh, really, well we haven't recieved it, could you send us another one" routine.
If you use outlook express: to try and make sure they have it, try this:
create your email, When you have finished, click on tools at the  top of the screen  you have been typing in. ,. a menu will drop down click the part where it says request a read receipt. Then wait, when they open the email it will tell them you have requested a read receipt for that email they may press yes(they dont always do this), the other way to do this is send an image file that tracks the path sent but for a normal person this is way to complicated "Bob hoskins says" "it's good to talk" call them, if you get a big job that mess you about on payment, I would do the following: call them before you go, say we will be cleaning windows (say monday) please can you have a cheque ready for when we arrive, work will comence after the payment via cheque has been made.

Hope this helps a little

Ian Rochester

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 07:18:43 am »
We do it all the time,on the window cleaning side of the business it is mainly for commercial but we also to it for a lot of holiday cottages where the owner lives miles away and never gets back to the property to check their mail.

We just attach a word doc to the email.

Re: Invoicing via e-mail? New
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 11:13:25 am »
best way to do it is ...print your invoice through pdf then send that as  most pc users will have adobe veiwer easy ...goto www.download.com and serch for free pdf print you can get the free software there.When you click print through your normal word etc click on pdf  print

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 11:22:19 am »
best way to do it is ...print your invoice through pdf the nsaend that as  most pc users will have adobe veiwer easy ...goto www.download.com and serch for free pdf print you can get the free software there.When you click print through your normal word etc click on pdf  print

Agreed.
Not everybody has Word.  Wordpad used to make a fair job of reading Word documents but that ability has been removed in Vista - probably to try and sell more copies of Word or Office.
Pdf files are definitely the best way to do it.