This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

whos got a factory made WFP SYSTEM
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:56:02 pm »
CAN YOU HELP....
Need to know who has bought a ready made WFP System fitted in there van, what it cost and where did you get it, spoke to a great lady today about one but need to compare a few more before I decide what to get needs to be at least 750l 2 man complete so can make the water in the van.

This is giving me a headache, please help  ;)

Re: whos got a factory made WFP SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:25:24 pm »
I studied this forum and the DIY site for months and got about where you are Ian.

In the end I phoned Mike at cleantech and said tell me what I want. He didn't sell me anything I didn't need. I think people say the same about Kirsty at Gardiners.(Alex Gardiner posts on here).

Forget about trying to find it ten pound cheaper or getting one bit from here another from there. They can send you everything you need and they won't cheat you. The only bit that is in any way problematical is securing the tank in the van.

My 18'gf Xtel pole  is superb by the way and does tops and bottoms.(they are cheap).

And while you procastrinate it's probablty costing you about £200 a day ;D ;D
how did you get the tank to secure in your van, I really wanted someone to build it for me as I dont have a clue about wfp I am learning daily hence why im on here all the time, my funds are 2 weeks away maybe 3 so I am finding out before hand as having the money sat here would do my head in, I want to know all i need to before it gets here so can order the same day as I get it  ;D ;D

brightnclean

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:38:52 pm »
I have two ready made or if you like factory fitted systems. No1 is a 600 ltr one and No2 (The latest) is a 650 ltr.

There are a lot of variables that will determine the total price. No1 will be the RO system and if you need to make water in the van for a 750+ ltr system you definately need to go for a 40 inch RO system. Dont get caught up in the hype about the waste to pure ratio of 40 inch systems. Some claim 80% pure with only 20% waste. You can run it at that ratio but you will kill your membrane and your TDS out will be high. A 40 inch needs to be run at around 50/50 waste to pure.  The other big variable will be the poles you get. Dont even think about going over 24ft with fibreglass ones.

My 2nd .. the 650 cost half of the 600 and I got better poles.

I could say mine cost £3500 but unless you compare exactly like for like in all components it means nothing.

Both my systems have done what they say on the tin and I cant complain about paying twice as much for one as the other. Both companies have given me great service and the systems pay for themselves many times over.

I've just ordered another system from supplier No2.. its a 400 litre one man system. I would think you could get a very decent 750 to 800 2 man system fitted for around the £4k mark to include a decent set of poles to get you to say 3rd storey height. Any higher and you need to get full carbon fibre poles really so put on around £4 to 500 for this per pole for thge high work if you want to do it.

I know this isnt exactly what you would want as an answer but it's the most honest I can give you.

And ordering a factory fitted system the day you get you moolah is going to mean you will wait a while to get the busy companies to fit you in to install your new toy  :)  ;D

I hope it helps  :)

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:01:31 pm »
I have two ready made or if you like factory fitted systems. No1 is a 600 ltr one and No2 (The latest) is a 650 ltr.

There are a lot of variables that will determine the total price. No1 will be the RO system and if you need to make water in the van for a 750+ ltr system you definately need to go for a 40 inch RO system. Dont get caught up in the hype about the waste to pure ratio of 40 inch systems. Some claim 80% pure with only 20% waste. You can run it at that ratio but you will kill your membrane and your TDS out will be high. A 40 inch needs to be run at around 50/50 waste to pure.  The other big variable will be the poles you get. Dont even think about going over 24ft with fibreglass ones.

My 2nd .. the 650 cost half of the 600 and I got better poles.

I could say mine cost £3500 but unless you compare exactly like for like in all components it means nothing.

Both my systems have done what they say on the tin and I cant complain about paying twice as much for one as the other. Both companies have given me great service and the systems pay for themselves many times over.

I've just ordered another system from supplier No2.. its a 400 litre one man system. I would think you could get a very decent 750 to 800 2 man system fitted for around the £4k mark to include a decent set of poles to get you to say 3rd storey height. Any higher and you need to get full carbon fibre poles really so put on around £4 to 500 for this per pole for thge high work if you want to do it.

I know this isnt exactly what you would want as an answer but it's the most honest I can give you.

And ordering a factory fitted system the day you get you moolah is going to mean you will wait a while to get the busy companies to fit you in to install your new toy  :)  ;D

I hope it helps  :)

that reply has been the best so far, thank you could I ask who company one is and company 2 my email is design@windowwashers.co.uk if you dont want to post it here, i need a system that will serve 2 men for 6 hours.

one more question I have been told some systems are well expensive to maintain ie £200's for membranes etc and someone said over £75 a week for something or other is this true and the one you buying next whats the realistic running costs (you will know as you use it:)

Once again thank you for all your help.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:41:57 pm »
Very sound advice.
It's not that complicated you have a tank, you say 750l, it will have an outlet port and to this you connect a hoselock (i assume you know what one of those is), which in turn connects to a pump with a varistream controller on it, from here another hoselock connection takes it to a DI vessel ( a blue fire extinguisher looking thing with resin which gives your RO'd water a final polish), and from here with yet another hoselock it connects to a metal 100m reel. This can be micro or mini bore. I have mini.

The pump is powered by a seperate leisure battery which it is a good idea to have charged by a split relay.

Next is the pole. A snap on connection with a tap on it so that you can turn it on and off. When you are not using it the varistream turns the pump of anyway.

Water production is a seperate issue. I do mine in  my garage 300gpd plus booster pump kicks out 300tds in 1tds out at about 50/50.

My question to you though Ian is, you bought that window washers name in 2001 (yes i've been in and had you checked out) and have been a window cleaner since then right?
So why, especialy with your high tech IT background has it taken you so long to come to the obvious conclusion?
which is??? and I cannot wait for indepth analysis on me as you make me laugh (in a nice way)  ;)

gary evans

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 05:54:41 am »
Similar to above i,ve had 3 factory fitted systems.

Tucker, indestructable, 41/2 years old & still runs 5 days a week commercial.

2x stream low level systems, good but not infalable as Tucker.

You gets what you pays.

Also looking at brodex, some big companies use them so must be good.

Gary

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 09:00:39 am »
I had mine fitted by a company called Pure water fed pole systems, a guy called Deni.  Looks very professional. For a 650 and 2 man set up it cost me about 2100.  However after 6 months silly little things started to break like the level indicator, and seeing as its a black tank I have to guess how much is in there. And the battery died after 6 months as well.  Should all be sorted out under guarantee but I'll probably have to do a 200 mile trip to get it sorted.

neil100

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:21:45 pm »
I got mine from Facelift in  December 2005. 800 ltr tank with poles all set up with a Static 4040 RO system set up for the garage. 2 man.

I painted the van floor myself with protecakote paint and left the van for a week with them while they fitted it.

I dealt with Daniel, Very nice fella by the way( Joint Director ). Their prices are not cast in stone, So it depends how good you are at haggling.

It cost me £3,800.00 incl VAT which included 2 mini poles and a 38' pole and an 18' pole.

Nel