This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

herbiefatboy

NEED HELP WITH PUMP
« on: August 15, 2007, 06:58:48 pm »
HI ALL GOT A 100PSI SHUREFLO PUMP WIRED IT UP TO VARISTREAM AND LESIURE BATTERY WORKED FOR ABOUT 5HOURS THEN STOPPED WOULD NOT PUMP WATER.SO I THOUGHT THE PUMP HAD HAD IT.SO I BOUGHT ANOTHER PUMP WIRED IT IN YESTERDAY WORKED FOR ABOUT 6 HOURS STOPPED AGAIN CAN ANY ONE HELP OR HAD A SAME PROBLEM THANKS DARREN

NWH

Re: NEED HELP WITH PUMP
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »
Is your battery charged.

batterbee

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:14:47 pm »
Hi Darren,

Have you disconnected the pressure switch on the pump, don't know exactly what would happen if you used a varistream whilst the pressure switch was still connected but worth looking at.

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 07:17:36 pm »
I would suspect your battery's condition. Is it split relay charged?

NWH

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 07:28:53 pm »
I also thought about the pressure switch wire before,you have to disconnect it with the varistream.

herbiefatboy

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:41:23 pm »
does this mean you bypass the pressure switch  if yes i have done that also yes the battery is on a split relay charg  how many hours work do you get out off a leisure battery thanks again for help

NWH

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 07:45:19 pm »
See if the battery needs topping up first if it`s low on distilled water it won`t hold a charge,it could just be that you have a duff battery.

Mike_G

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 08:51:53 pm »
How do you disconnect the pressure switch on the pump?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 09:18:17 pm »
I wouldn't worry so much about the pressure switch because if you are getting 5-6 hours of proper use out of it, it can't be that causing the problem.  The problem won't be the capacity of your leisure battery, it will be the amount of driving you do to charge it.  A simple way to find out if it is a flat battery is when the problem occurs, start the engine on your van and within a couple of minutes the pump should pick up again.  If it does, you are simply not doing enough driving to keep your battery charged for a day's work.  Solution = charge your battery once or twice a week to keep it topped up.

Another test to see if it is the varistream (if the above does not solve the problem) is to wait until the problem happens again and then simply take the varistream out of circuit (wire the pump directly to the battery) and see if it starts working again.  It is not unheard of to get a faulty varistream.

john tomkins

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:37 pm »
Generally if its the battery failing then the green light on the varistream will start flashing on/off  instead of being constant

herbiefatboy

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 08:13:18 pm »
another pump gone in a week same problem every time.that is the third pump need help urgently??????????????/

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 08:15:58 pm »
Have you tried wiring the pump up without the Varistream, sounds as if the Varistream is messing it about.

herbiefatboy

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 08:24:02 pm »
alex is there a diaphram  which  can go wrong on the pumps it just seems funny that every pump has done about 4 or 5 hours work then stopped and does not work any more it is just strange.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 09:42:23 pm »
When you say stopped, do you mean it completely stops and makes no noise whatsoever or its stopped in that it is no longer pumping water but is still making a noise?

NWH

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 09:50:04 pm »
Hi Alex,sooo dissapointed i didn`t get my brush.Today i fiited a new 100psi shurflo with strainer,i have the same pump at the moment installed with no strainer and it works fine i was just trying the new one out.The pump with no strainer has a really good flow and at 11 o`clock on the varistream it`s perfect,but like i say i fitted the same pump today with strainer and i found i was having to turn the varistream up to say 2 o`clock on the varistream to get the same flow as the old one without the strainer,do you know why.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 09:51:50 pm »
Hi NWH

:). Is it before the pump or after?

Hi Herbie

If the answer to the question on my above post is that the pump stops pumping water but still makes a noise then it will be the diaphragm that has broken and this may well be because the batch of pumps that your supplier has had sent to them, have been accidentally fitted/ordered with acid resistant diaphragms (for pumping acid).  These are brittle and when used for pumping water will perish within hours due to their nature.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 09:58:28 pm »
Just in general the pump with the strainer just dosen`t seem as powerful although it`s the same 100psi pump,what i did notice was with the new pump with stainer i could turn the dial almost right round to max on the varistream without any cutting out,where`s if i do that on the pump with no strainer it cuts out and then comes back on.I don`t think it`s sucking in any air because i gave every thread loads of ptft and theres no leaks.

herbiefatboy

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 10:07:12 pm »
thanks alex

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 08:17:08 am »
Hi NWH

It's obviously adding resistance to the flow of water somehow (is it plumbed in the right way round?)  As long as you get enough flow to work with, I wouldn't worry.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 02:27:06 pm »
I fitted it with the strainer pointing downwards with the mesh at the bottom,some people have said that it should be the other way round?