Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Cheers Jeff
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

groundhog

I have had quite a few customers like this who try to be confrontational with me, the tactics I use is to be incredibly polite to them which usually disarms them, I then give them some of the old groundhog charm. This normally wins them over and most then become good customers, those who don't, I'm the same as you - I bin them!!!! ;D

Paul Coleman

id have put her other leg in and slammed the lid shut before gettin in my van  looks like they like a bit of danger in there lives thats what you call a accident waiting to happen just good to see that you didnt attempt to do the windows above conservatory bet shes never heard of a risk assesment

I'd have plugged her in to that extension socket.
Seriously, if I were in that position, even allowing for the other work in the area, I would now treat that job as a one off.  I have far less tolerance of such people than I once had.  I know that eventually it could end on a sour note so I would rather pick up the phone (or write) and end it while there is still some civility in the communications.  Just think, if you continue going there, you will always be wondering what garbage she's going to come out with next.  I've had customers like that.  The feeling of dread starts a few days before the job is due and recedes after the job is done.  One job I had like that was on a route I used a lot.  It got to the point where I would only stop to do the windows if no car was in the driveway (at least she was OK at sending cheques).  I got caught out once though as she was in but the car wasn't there.

mark dew

I do enjoy reading threads like this.
It reminds me of how good window cleaning can be once you get a bit more established. I took on so many jobs that i dreaded. And looking back, now i don't use the ladder as much, were downright dangerous.
It's hard not to take on these kind of jobs when we are starting up. But it sure is fun dropping them or at least changing things around once you can afford to.
I'm still an occasional softy, but risk of injury is out of bounds now and i sleep better for it.

brett walker

Blimey Jeff :o

you must have the patience of a saint  ;D  ive enjoyed reading your horror story ;D

I think by the time your on your third clean for this woman you'll be up for murder :'( :P :o :( >:( :'(

good luck keep us posted ;)

Brett

jeff1

Jeff,
You are normaly very tolerant. You must have patience to deal with some of the things we throw at you.
What I wanted to ask was how are you when someone upsets the missus or has that never happened?
years ago, I would have thrown her in her fish pond and held her head under water for an hour ;D (just to make sure)  ;D But Time and things that happend many years ago have mellowed me tremendously.

No one has ever seriously ever upset the Boss, but if anyone did, no matter what size they are, they would have to visit the A & E department, I'm sure I don't stand alone here? what would you do if anyone upset your Boss??? as to cause her stress or upset?

Blimey Jeff :o

you must have the patience of a saint ;D ive enjoyed reading your horror story ;D

I think by the time your on your third clean for this woman you'll be up for murder :'( :P :o :( >:( :'(

good luck keep us posted ;)

Brett

Might only get to the second clean, don't forget she already has one leg in the Bin. ;D
If or when I bin her I'll let you know, If you like I could pass her your phone number. ;D ;D

djhaydn

jeff ..... i wouldnt of taken it on, if my pole dont reach i tell em then its up to them, as for the electrics, stay well clear.
the only boss people upset is me, and you know that..lol....

Haydn