This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gsw

fitting a tank elbow
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:06:26 pm »
probabaly a stupid question, but before i get carried away with my cordless drill and end up ruining a brend new tank!! could someone please advise me.

I want to daisy chain two tanks so that when i need to i can carry extra water but when i dont i can take the second tank out of the van.

i have bought 2 x 3/4 elbows, one for each tank. is it a case of just drilling into the tank and screwing these fittings in?? does this make a watertight seal if at the bottom of the tank?

thanks in advance

Alex Gardiner

Re: fitting a tank elbow
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:29:39 pm »
The nylon tank elbows are intended for screwing into a tank mounted female thread.  Do your tanks not come with a female thread fitted to them?  If you have tanks that have no outlet then you will need a bulkhead connector.  For these you drill a hole of the appropriate size through the tank, push the external hose fitting with a watertight gasket through the hole and then tighten the fitting up with a nut from the inside.  You can usually get these fittings from most boat chandlers or caravan shops.

gsw

Re: fitting a tank elbow
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:01:28 pm »
thanks alex