Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

some advice
« on: August 13, 2007, 08:08:24 pm »
right i have a fairly compact round, i park the car once and it stays put, i return to it for new 25 L barrels and lunch, i clean most houses in the roads i do

now im thinking of a van

whats the score, i guess i would have to move the van every other house, otherwise i will have hoses trailing all up the street

also, what about people tripping over hoses ?? ??

what do you do ?? ??

Bobs Window Cleaning

Re: some advice
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 08:32:10 pm »
Off topic Matt.

But I cant seem to get on yer DIY site.  I registered but cant seem to log on.
Can you help me?

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:49:35 pm »
Park up and do the three houses behind the van,sign on pavement.Move van 30ft do three houses behind the van sign on pavement and so on.If you have a big metal sign over your hose on pavement you should be covered,try and run most of the hose inside the curb on the road then you`ll only have to run it  over pavement on what ever house your doing.

brightnclean

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 08:50:48 pm »
Matt.

Keep the trolley mate. I have van mounts but wouldnt be without a trolley. Its just so usefull. I used to have hose trailing over pavements, roads etc or in some cases had to miss a clean because I coulndt get parked near enough for the hose.

That way you will have the best of both worlds and with your DIY ability I am sure you could use your trolley as the power plant for you van system but leaving it inact just to detach quickly when you need it.

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 08:50:52 pm »
is your e.mail address

a @ntlworld.com

if so, i can e.mail your details if you want

your account is active and setup

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 08:53:10 pm »
Are you meaning me Matt,i tried to get on again last night if you have info please Email me.

matt

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 08:54:58 pm »
Are you meaning me Matt,i tried to get on again last night if you have info please Email me.

no i meant bod,

NWH  what was the username you used ?? ??

matt

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 08:56:09 pm »
thanks for the replies the both of you, the moving of the van every few houses concearns me, as when i get in the car, i have the urge to drive home  ;) ;)

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 08:56:22 pm »
I just clicked on the forgot password icon.

matt

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 08:57:46 pm »
I just clicked on the forgot password icon.

your acount may not have been activated

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 08:58:32 pm »
What happens now then. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

matt

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 09:02:55 pm »
What happens now then. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

let me know your username and i can activate it

NWH

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 09:09:17 pm »
It`s either nigelh or nigal.

matt

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 09:13:35 pm »
It`s either nigelh or nigal.

its nigelh

ive just e.mailed your password

NWH

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 09:15:37 pm »
Cheers Matt. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

matt

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 09:22:23 pm »
Get out of your comfort zone.

but its nice and cozy :) its the norm for me

mark dew

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 09:26:38 pm »
I would go for the trolley or a backpack if you are going back to the van anyway. Especially as you don't like the idea of moving the van much.
That is/was 1 of my biggest concerns about using hose reel on public road.
The advice about running the hose along the gutter and signing it where it runs across the pavement is as good as you can get.
But even with 100m of hose you are going to have to move the van a few times per day anyway.
You need to be sure about how you want to work and then take it from there.
Portable and keep going back to van or hose reel and move the van a few times per day.
I can't see any other option.
I was gonna go on about people looking for a chance of a claim if they can, but i did an ambulance chasing job for a week and i know it ain't that easy to make a claim.
It has to be proved before it can go further. As long as you're well signed hose should never be a problem.
Whatever you do, get a submersible pump for your van tank and do away with all but 1 of those 25l barrels. Sooooo much easier!!!

Bazzy1999

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 09:53:55 pm »
You are a nice bloke, you go out of your way to help people, but you are full of it.

Wake up and start earning some money. What's so wrong with working a Saturday and a Sunday too?

You are so annoying. If you were insome low paid job you'd probably be gratefull for a saturday morning. When you worked for the council I bet your name was the first on the list.

If only you could suspend some of your prejudices (rich tax, inference being you don't like rich people) you could make some dough. I'm glad to see you are considering a van, and  of course you'll have to move it without driving home you twerp.

Your a nice bloke to........  :-\

matt

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 10:31:43 pm »
You are a nice bloke, you go out of your way to help people, but you are full of it.

Wake up and start earning some money. What's so wrong with working a Saturday and a Sunday too?

You are so annoying. If you were insome low paid job you'd probably be gratefull for a saturday morning. When you worked for the council I bet your name was the first on the list.

If only you could suspend some of your prejudices (rich tax, inference being you don't like rich people) you could make some dough. I'm glad to see you are considering a van, and  of course you'll have to move it without driving home you twerp.

Your a nice bloke to........  :-\

thanks for the qoute bazzy :) i wouldnt have seen it

VG Window Cleaners,

i did start to type of a bit of a reply to you, inc my council days and not working saturdays as i was still out clubbing till 6, but i deleted it, as i couldnt care less what you think of me, ive seen jokers like you come and go, my guess you will just join the name of losers who have a dig and then fade away ,

mark dew

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 11:02:02 pm »
and then fade away ,

just like the post. Good job you quoted it for all to see. :D