Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ned

Ionic
« on: August 13, 2007, 05:21:46 pm »
Looking to buy 35 ft pole l , like the look of Ergo- lite from Ionic does anyone use them and are they worth the price tag   cheers

Trademark WC

Re: Ionic
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:26:28 pm »

Don't bother mate waste of money. I had one and all the clamps were failling after 4 months. When I phoned up they said I had over used it? best pole on market on day of launch but quickly surpassed.

I have owned nearly all the poles and can garuntee the facelift carbon  is the business in my opinion. I work at 35ft everyday and it's the best pole I have used so far. I have owned powerpole,ergo-lite,glassfibre and used tucker and the new unger sections and its the best for me.

Rob

NWH

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 05:33:38 pm »
I have to agree with that,apart from the modular pole that i use it`s the facelift everytime for me.I have a 24ft carbon facelift and it`s the best pole i`ve ever pick up,clamps are superb and putting the pole up and down is silky smooth.A good tip for you if you get a facelift every couple of months take all sections out and clean with baby oil right down to the base of the sections and over the red taped part of the pole,this will make your pole feel like brand new all over again.

ned

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 05:36:00 pm »
Thanks lads for the advice

Dean Aspects

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 05:57:05 pm »
I always wondered if their was any mantainance you could do to a carbon fibre pole to give it more of a working life  the baby oil idea sounds good to me will do that at the weekend along with all the other little jobs that i just never seem to get around to doing!!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 06:01:23 pm »
Honestly try the baby oil,she said with a smile.No but seriously you will be amazed at the difference it makes to the pole.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 06:16:45 pm »

Don't bother mate waste of money. I had one and all the clamps were failling after 4 months. When I phoned up they said I had over used it? best pole on market on day of launch but quickly surpassed.

I have owned nearly all the poles and can garuntee the facelift carbon  is the business in my opinion. I work at 35ft everyday and it's the best pole I have used so far. I have owned powerpole,ergo-lite,glassfibre and used tucker and the new unger sections and its the best for me.

Rob
could you let me know the price of the facelift poles please.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 06:53:35 pm »
windowwashers go onto www.cleantech.co.uk the prices are on there but stay sitting they are expensive but worth the money

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »
ned

The ergotec has narrower sections so they fit your hand better , hence the name ergotec, correct me if i am wrong i think the ergotecs diameter is 1 inch less than the rest.

I am also considering buying the ergotec for that very reason

dave

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 10:49:31 pm »
I`m correcting you,your wrong.

poleman

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 12:59:52 am »
ned

The ergotec has narrower sections so they fit your hand better , hence the name ergotec, correct me if i am wrong i think the ergotecs diameter is 1 inch less than the rest.

I am also considering buying the ergotec for that very reason

dave

Dave, don't waste your money, I have been using a 45ft ergolite for over a year and the clamps keep on going, which is a pain when you are in a middle of a big job

Andy
PS I have just got a 45ft facelift and its a good pole   

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 08:42:52 am »
The diameter of the 35 ft E2 is the same as the Facelift 35 ft and both of them are only 31 ' 5 " long.  The Ergolite is about a kilo heavier than the Facelift though, but it is noticeably stiffer.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 02:45:10 pm »
Sorry I thought they were a lot thinner , when i went to bwca the ergolites were a lot narrower than the standard poles of the same height.

Is the ergolite a lot stiffer than than the facelift and by how much, I am sick to death of bendy poles, the new universal x-tel glass fibre 30' is diabolically bendy, i had to use the pole at 45 degrees last week and i couldnt complete the job because the pole was that bad.

Dave

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 03:42:29 pm »
Hi Dave,

This is how we rated the comparative stiffness of poles on the market. The higher the figure the stiffer the pole.

Universal Glass Fibre = 74.4%

X-Tel Glass Fibre = 73.1%

Facelift Carbon Fibre = 83.7%

X-Tel Carbon Fibre = 85.9%

E2  = 86.7%

X-Tel Hybrid =86.8%

This was measured using just the pole with no weight loading. As you can see the E2 is about the stiffest pole on the market at the moment.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 03:55:04 pm »
Alex

How does the x-tel hybrid compare to the E2 , Is it much behind ?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 04:11:33 pm »
0.1% ahead, but this is a non loaded measurement, my feeling is that once you fit a brush the Ionics would be slightly stiffer. Also the Hybrid only goes up to 34' 6" long whereas the E2 goes up to 57'.

The Hybrid is 3.05g per extended cm whereas the E2 is 3.7g and the Facelift CF is only 2.6g

Hope this helps.

macmac

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 07:56:57 pm »
Yep, carbon facelift, they are the business ;)

10 months of pure abuse & still like new, just a pure dream to use. Oh yes :D
Expensive? yes. worth every penny? definatley :-*

tony

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 08:05:39 pm »
Sorry I thought they were a lot thinner , when i went to bwca the ergolites were a lot narrower than the standard poles of the same height.

Is the ergolite a lot stiffer than than the facelift and by how much, I am sick to death of bendy poles, the new universal x-tel glass fibre 30' is diabolically bendy, i had to use the pole at 45 degrees last week and i couldnt complete the job because the pole was that bad.

Dave

Dave the Ionic ergolite is A LOT stiffer than the Facelift above 30feet, at 45 ft you can really notice the difference! The ergolite pole is definitely much stiffer at height in comparison to a facelift.

matt

Re: Ionic New
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 08:08:29 pm »

interesting dave, i wonder if any sales type of company could have poles made to look like other brands, made them thicker etc etc just to show that the  pole they are trying to sell was better, thus you buy them

thats got you thinking ;)

NWH

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 08:18:54 pm »
Mac try the baby oil on the facelift,just for me.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D