This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rhys11

I NEDD HELP AND FAST PLZ
« on: August 13, 2007, 04:04:53 pm »
hi every one

i need some help and fast i have just come home from a 2 week holiday and i went to turn on my 6 stage ro and it wont make water, i dont know what to do i turned it to flush mode and let it run all nite to see if that would worked and turnd the switch back  to make ro water but nothing. all im geting is a little hiss from some where i have taken the pipes off but the water is going in to the ro but it dont come out. what can i do im so behind in me work. can someone  please help me and tell me how to fix this problem please?????

please help :o
rhys

tomo

Re: I NEDD HELP AND FAST PLZ
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:29:45 pm »
something similar happened to me... the water pressure dropped on the gauge.. i replaced the pre-filters and it fixed the problem cost's about £15-£ 20 to replace the 3 pre-filters.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 06:12:16 pm »
does sound like the filters are blocked, when did you last change?

rhys11

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:21:16 pm »
i changed the filters 6 weeks ago

you think i should put new ones in again?????????
rhys

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 06:32:33 pm »
You need to hunt down the problem step by step.

Start by disconnecting the pipe coming out of the three pre-filters to see if they are the problem. If they are then one at a time remove the pre-filters from the housing, leaving the other two in, you will soon be able to isolate which is blocking the water flow. It is not unheard of for new pre-filters to block a system.

If it is not them then isolate each membrane at a time time. Finally dis-connect the pipe going into the final DI stage to see if that is the problem.

If you go through the unit systematically you will find the problem but it may take you an hour to do.

rhys11

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 06:39:49 pm »
thanks Alex the water stops going into the the second small RO  what can i do now?
rhys

rhys11

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 06:43:56 pm »
i got a hissing sound coming out of the Flow Restrictors is that ok?
rhys

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 07:39:24 pm »
So can I take it that you have water flowing through all three pre-Filters?

Then you have water flowing through the first RO membrane what about the waste? Is there water flowing through the waste restrictor? Check for a blockage in you flow restrictor. If it is blocked then they are cheap to replace.

If it is the waste restrictor that is blocked then you can 'make do' by slightly opening the waste flush valve until you get about a 50:50 waste to product ratio.

rhys11

Re: helllllllllppppppppp please
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 12:55:51 pm »
is there anyone i can phone to give me advice plz i just cant get this ro to make water

plz help me
rhys

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 01:35:49 pm »
Who supplied the RO and what make is it?

rhys11

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 02:02:12 pm »
hi alex i just phoned your office and the nice woman said to unblock the carbon filter going in to the other filter and it has started to work. thanks very much for all your help, your a good man  :) :)
thank you very much
rhys