Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary evans

Re: what van would you recommend
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 05:55:06 am »
I average 15 to 20 k miles.

Got a realy good price on new vivaro, gearbox problem sorted, but might still go for hiace as employees drive them.

Gary

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 06:44:04 am »
I average 15 to 20 k miles.

Got a realy good price on new vivaro, gearbox problem sorted, but might still go for hiace as employees drive them.

Gary

Yet another of these vehicles having a gearbox problem?  I needed mine replacing in my Trafic at 39,000 miles.  I may well go for the Hiace too next time around.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 08:21:52 am »
How on earth are window cleaners doing 400 miles a week? :o :o

80 miles a day every day, to clean windows?

I do 80-100 miles a week and my round is quite spread out. ???

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 08:29:45 am »

I'm getting through about 10,000+ miles a year and some of that is private use.  I haven't done an exact calculation but I reckon I use about 8,500 miles per year for window cleaning and business associated activities.  This may well increase as I get more work in as I am gradually increasing my catchment area.  That's about 160 miles per week at the moment.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 08:50:20 am »
Ah, if you use it for other things as well.
That's what cars are for.

My van is solely for work.
No breakdown worries then. ;)

P®oPole™

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 08:57:34 am »

I like the traffic's but have also heard of gearbox problems, was speaking with a guy very early the other morning in the city (wouldnt shut up and get on with his own work) He told me it cost him over 3k to put right :o

Vito's, Transporters or that new LDV Maxus ;)

Pro

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 09:05:37 am »
LDV? Stands for Leyland Daf Vans. ;D
That's an old Sherpa.
Absolutely pooe build quality. Avoid.

It's rubbish about gearbox problems on the Trafic under normal window cleaning use.

As I said earlier, thrashed for 50,000 a year it may be different.

P®oPole™

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 09:18:21 am »
He told me he done 48,000 in two years! hardly broken in if you ask me mate. Other than that they are nice vans, I even hear you get a cooler in the glove box and all kinds of extras.

The new LDV Maxus are nice vans.

Pro

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 09:20:56 am »

If you saw the house prices for a 4 bed det in nice area in Cambridge you would understand.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 04:36:12 pm »
So if you keep it 3yrs it`ll have 60000 on the clock,this is the kind of mileage that guarantees run out on vans.It`s not guess work that they give you this figure over 3yrs,that`s the magic number when things start to go wrong.

gary evans

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 08:14:30 pm »
We offer a 60 mile radious of our base.
 Or one hour dependent on location ie. Brum.
15k is th average, looking to sign for an ex demo hiace tomorrow, saved 4k + extras.

gary

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 08:16:26 pm »
We offer a 60 mile radious of our base.
 Or one hour dependent on location ie. Brum.
15k is th average, looking to sign for an ex demo hiace tomorrow, saved 4k + extras.

gary
what price is a hiace?

gary evans

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 08:36:45 pm »
No sorry 15 k miles is our average annual milage.

Have currently got berlingo on loan from brother who does not use it, but, now requires it back for his own work. Need another van to replace it.

Was offered good deal on vivaro, but needed nearly 5k to put down.

Found 3 hiaces ex-demo 06 x2, 55 x1. Both 06,s went within days. Looking to sign tomorrow. £8500, 3k miles, bulkhead, lined & special floor.

Gary

NWH

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 08:41:41 pm »
Hi Gary,can you give a quick explanation of the good deal they offered you on the vivaro please.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 10:37:15 pm »
Hi Gary,can you give a quick explanation of the good deal they offered you on the vivaro please.

They probably knocked 5 grand off if he supplied his own gearbox.

gary evans

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 06:03:51 am »
NWH

Offered,

0% finance
£500 fuel
Free servicing
14% or 19% discount.

Comes out at around £12500 all in but no interest, where normally you,d pay between £3k £4k extra for finance dependant % interest.

Have seen a couple low milage  in trader for around£10 1/2 k but need to add interest.

I like the toyota,s for there non destructable running, i have 3 different drivers in it, & no prob,s whatever. The vivaro,s had problems with gearbox which i am told is fixed or changed in the new facelift model. Also i was going for the 2.0l to have the different box anyway.

Garyt

steve m

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 08:14:28 am »
been awway for a couple of days so I haven't read all the statements.

cant afford a traffic??. Skueaks, look on my website, it hasnt been updated for ages, but it will give you some idea of the size fleet I run. wwwvangovans.co.uk.  You want to hire any van between a transit connect and a 7.5 tonner, give me a shout.

talk to bt, they tried the vivaro cos they were cheaper than the transit. 42% off the road at any given time with engine/gearbox trouble. surprise surprise they went back to tranits. saying that they have just ordered 400 movano's
so they cant be all that bad.

after running nine toyotas for the past three years and only replacing 5 tyres and one clutch, I reckon thats not too bad.
And at the moment toyota a doing a deal of three grand off the list price, so go get a swb hi ace for 9 grand + vta. I did I ordered another 2

Been doing this game now for 6 years with different co.'s, and Got to know all the reps well, so I think I know a little bit about vans, maybe a little mor than the average guy

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 08:42:20 am »
talk to bt, they tried the vivaro cos they were cheaper than the transit. 42% off the road at any given time with engine/gearbox trouble. surprise surprise they went back to tranits.
...and our survey said...Ugh Ugh!!!

Actually the transit is the same price, because I had a straight choice.
In fact, If I went for the bottom engine it was slightly cheaper.

There's plenty of '07 plate BT vans around here as well mate. ;)

You just know someone who doesn't like them.

matt

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 11:03:25 am »
LDV? Stands for Leyland Daf Vans. ;D
That's an old Sherpa.

the old sherpa's were built like tanks and used to last, they got bad a few years back

i know some1 who drove to india in a sherpa and lived in it for over 2 years ;)

steve m

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 08:11:47 am »
dunno where you live, but I@ve been offered swb traffic 3500 cheaper than the transit swb. The ldv's aren't too bad a buy, but to keep the price down the paint is a lot thinner (they only spray 4 coats instead of 7) and the bodywork is a little thinner. Also you dont get any sort of bulkhead or rear bar for the driver.