This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

4Seasons

Merlin RO anyone?
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:23 pm »
 :)
   I feel as I would like to now go down the route of a RO unit.
The thought of having to wait 20hrs or so for pure water drives me crazy. 
   Also I think the wife would go postal at the thought of the water supply being used all day.
   So I was wondering - The stats on the Merlin sound really good but no one ever seems to comment they have one.

I was wondering - why not? Are they not very good or just expensive to run?

If anyone has any experience of these Merlin RO Units I would really appreciate your comments.

Regards, Liam (4Seasons)

drakestar!

Re: Merlin RO anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:56:20 pm »
they are the best all round performer, produce lots more water than most, had mine since october

brightnclean

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:20:48 pm »
If ur good lady would go nuts at the water being used all day she will go ballistic if she sees the waste output from the Merlin. Its horrendous  :o

The Merlin is OK  (Ish) in soft or medium hardness water areas but pants in hard water areas without a softener. It's only real redeeming factor is that it will produce water pretty fast even with low water pressure. It is overhyped for hard water areas. Especially if you are on a water meter. The green brigade would go nuts at the water usage in any area. Its TDS reduction can be pretty rubbish as well.

4Seasons

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:52:44 pm »
Funny that, on their bumpf they claim the wasteage is quite low!
Drakestar do you find their is a lot of wasteage? also how much do you use per day and how long does it take the merlin to produce it! A TDS in & out reading would be pretty spiv also.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 10:03:12 pm »
Drakestar do you find their is a lot of wasteage? also how much do you use per day and how long does it take the merlin to produce it! A TDS in & out reading would be pretty spiv also.
4seasons, are you from the IOW?

Mike_G

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:06:28 pm »
I have one, 350tds going in about 15 coming out. I think thats pretty good.

4Seasons

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 10:11:56 pm »

What is the IOW?
I clean in Lancashire area, only been wfp for 5 months now.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 12:35:06 am »

What is the IOW?
I clean in Lancashire area, only been wfp for 5 months now.
Guess not then lol.
IOW stands for Isle Of Wight, there is a window cleaning company there called the same as you

drakestar!

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 04:50:54 pm »
my tds is 450 in & 28 out. prob 2 in 3 is waste. dunno how good that is as thats all ive used?! i use 400 to 500 litres a day & it takes about 10 hours for 500 litres

AJ

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 05:46:59 pm »
I've been running a 40-40 for three years or so. it says 2000gpd, but obviously you wont get that from a domestic supply. I use 1500 ltres a day which takes about 12 hrs to fill at 50-60 psi, which I do over night. waste to product is about 2-1. In my view, excellent. worth the money! just changed my first membrane.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 06:07:41 pm »
What do you use 1500 liters on a day.

AJ

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 07:15:49 pm »
2 vans, 4 men

4Seasons

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 08:49:21 am »
Where did you get your 40-40 RO from?
Are they more expensive than the Merlin.